Quick Explanation of Ocean Medallion

Trixie21

On 7/6/2023 at 7:25 AM, Trixie21 said:

Thank you !

I'm going to ask one more question if you don't mind.

The MDR seems to operate a system called "dine my way".

Am I correct in thinking then that there are no set dining times any longer on princess ?

So we make reservations in advance via the app and then if necessary we can amend once onboard , as per your previous post.

My wife is celiac and we like to have the same wait staff every night as they quickly become familiar with her needs and you don't have to repeat yourself night after night. Is this possible and if so how do you go about it ?

While I don’t have celiac, I am gluten and dairy intolerant. I suggest you contact the special needs department prior to sailing so staff is aware if your wife’s celiac disease. She should be able to preorder meals the night before for each day in the MDR.  On the first night make sure that the staff is aware. The first night in the MDR can be hectic and staff might not have been notified.  

Edited by janice2348

11 minutes ago, janice2348 said:

While I don’t have celiac, I am gluten and dairy intolerant. I suggest you contact the special needs department prior to sailing so staff is aware if your wife’s celiac disease. She should be able to preorder meals the night before for each day in the MDR.  On the first night make sure that the staff is aware. The first night in the MDR can be hectic and staff might not have been notified.  

Thanks for the advice.

That all sounds very similar to the process on Royal Caribbean. 

The first night in the MDR was always the most challenging- we always went to the MDR on boarding to check they had a note on our reservation that my wife was celiac. We will do the same when we board Sky Princess. 

Just back from a 7 nighter on Sky Princess. As has been said the medallion is used in place of the usual card. We found that the ability to use it to purchase drinks varied. In some venues it was mandatory to use it to order, other venues just asked for the cabin number.

If you are on a Plus or Premium package, it quite easy to get to your 15 drink limit if the same person does the ordering. I got into the habit of asking them to put the drinks on my wife's account from time to time.