The Fitness Center

Lovincruisin1321

Well, here I am, Ms. Non Workout now going to PT 2x/wk for arthritis in hip, back and knee.  Ortho wants me on a stationary bike.  Right now, PT has me on a recumbent elliptical cross trainer (seat with pedals and arms) working towards the recumbent bike.  

My sail date is May 2024 for 27 days - Caribbean Princess

I am really worried about keeping up with my exercise because arthritis can raise havoc if you don't work out those specific joints.  I found pictures of the fitness center on the ship and assuming all Princess equipment is the same.  The spinning bikes are all I see.  

Can someone tell me how adjustable those bikes are?   I am 4'10".  I need the seat to go down and forward but I don't see a "forward" mechanism from the pictures.  Are there other bikes?  Recumbent specifically?  Treadmill is not an option because of the knee.

Is there an actual way to contact the fitness center on the ship I am sailing to ask these questions?

Edited by Lovincruisin1321

1 minute ago, Lovincruisin1321 said:

Well, here I am, Ms. Non Workout now going to PT 2x/wk for arthritis in hip, back and knee.  Ortho wants me on a stationary bike.  Right now, PT has me on a recumbent elliptical cross trainer (seat with pedals and arms) working towards the recumbent bike.  

My sail date is May 2024 for 27 days.

I am really worried about keeping up with my exercise because arthritis can raise havoc if you don't work out those specific joints.  I found pictures of the fitness center on the ship and assuming all Princess equipment is the same.  The spinning bikes are all I see.  

Can someone tell me how adjustable those bikes are?   I am 4'10".  I need the seat to go down and forward but I don't see a "forward" mechanism from the pictures.  Are there other bikes?  Recumbent specifically?  Treadmill is not an option because of the knee.

Is there an actual way to contact the fitness center on the ship I am sailing to ask these questions?

Which ship are you sailing on? It varied depending on the size of the ship. On the Crown Princess last week there were 2 recumbent bikes, and one stationary bike (which was not working properly) and other bikes reserved for the spin classes. The recumbent bike seats were adjustable forward and backward. 
I didn’t notice if there was a recumbent elliptical cross trainer. 

2 minutes ago, sunviking90 said:

Which ship are you sailing on? It varied depending on the size of the ship. On the Crown Princess last week there were 2 recumbent bikes, and one stationary bike (which was not working properly) and other bikes reserved for the spin classes. The recumbent bike seats were adjustable forward and backward. 
I didn’t notice if there was a recumbent elliptical cross trainer. 

I am sailing on the Caribbean Princess

2 minutes ago, Lovincruisin1321 said:

I am sailing on the Caribbean Princess

If you don’t get an answer here, you could try a roll call for the ship and ask if someone would be kind enough to look for you. 

• Like 1

Lovincruisin1321, sailed on Carribbean end of last year.

I used the gym or run on deck most days.

I use a lot of the cardio equipment but not recumbent cross trainer or bike.

I can definitely tell you that they have multiple types of bikes as well as spin bikes and cross trainers.

I found a picture from my cruise, I am pretty sure that there is a recumbent bike in the picture behind static upright bike.  Working on basis that My favourite concept 2 rower would not suit your needs.

IMG_0390.png