Speciality restaurants on the Ambition

nigkar

We sailed recently on Ambition and visited Saffron, the Asian speciality restaurant. We very much enjoyed it. The menu choice was not extensive, but we found the food delicious and there was plenty of it. The service was attentive and friendly. The cover charge was £16.90 for a three-course meal. The starter (a mixed sharing platter) was fixed, as was the dessert (with, I think, three or four little dishes). There were a few main courses: butter chicken, lamb rogan, a mixed thali with samples of several dishes, and a vegetarian option and a fish option, which I can't recall. We would definitely go again. Saffron was open every evening during our cruise. 

There was a second restaurant, Lupino's, which offered Mediterranean fare. We meant to try it, but didn't get round to it. On our 12-night cruise it was open for only four nights, which were publicised in advance. It was situated in a semi-outdoor area but we noticed there were powerful heaters that could be switched on, if it got chilly. The price was, I think, £14.90.

• Thanks 2

On 7/13/2023 at 10:45 AM, Norwayfan1 said:

We sailed recently on Ambition and visited Saffron, the Asian speciality restaurant. We very much enjoyed it. The menu choice was not extensive, but we found the food delicious and there was plenty of it. The service was attentive and friendly. The cover charge was £16.90 for a three-course meal. The starter (a mixed sharing platter) was fixed, as was the dessert (with, I think, three or four little dishes). There were a few main courses: butter chicken, lamb rogan, a mixed thali with samples of several dishes, and a vegetarian option and a fish option, which I can't recall. We would definitely go again. Saffron was open every evening during our cruise. 

There was a second restaurant, Lupino's, which offered Mediterranean fare. We meant to try it, but didn't get round to it. On our 12-night cruise it was open for only four nights, which were publicised in advance. It was situated in a semi-outdoor area but we noticed there were powerful heaters that could be switched on, if it got chilly. The price was, I think, £14.90.

Glad you enjoyed it. For me, as someone not keen on spicy foods, it is very frustrating that many cruise lines choose to have an Indian/Asian restaurant as the speciality dining. Lupino's sounds good to me but sadly my cruise on Ambition is not until the winter, so probably won't be open...