Ship Board Credit - Ama

tulok

I read past posts on this subject but it didn’t specifically answer my question. My children called Ama directly and using a credit card put money on a ship board credit so not through our travel agent. Because it was a gift for our anniversary I didn’t want to let it be known that there isn’t a lot we will need to pay on board. Can we pay crew and manager gratuity out of the ship board credit? On the invoice they gave us, Ama listed it under other charges, ship board credit $250.00 each. 

To answer my own question, I spoke with a lovely agent and she stated yes gratuity can be paid with the OBC and we would get a refund of any money left. Warning to me to watch what I say to my children as I stated when I first booked Ama, my only concern is it not being all-inclusive for convenience reasons only. (The accountant in me was showing)

2 hours ago, Got2Cruise said:

Besides gratuity, there might be an extra excursion you can purchase. 

Probably not on AMA, all the excursions are included. on almost every itinerary, Ive paid for one in 5 cruises with them (none were offered on the other 4 either)

Tips, drinks or merchandise is about it.

I don't drink so the only thing on my bill at the end of the week are the tips,

Edited by CastleCritic
  • Like 1

This was one reason I was wondering about the gratuities since it doesn’t seem like a lot to pay at the end. At least the tips will take half the amount and we do drink and we will use laundry. I guess I will be shopping on board. Very kind of them for the gift but lesson learned about watch what I say.