Using FCC to pay for cruise and applying price reductions

Dreamcruise27

7 hours ago, Dreamcruise27 said:

Anyone use their FCC to pay for the cruise in full, but applied price reductions which has now resulted in a negative balance?

Will they issue a new FCC for the negative balance? Or will it be converted to OBC?

TIA!

Is this a hypothetical question or do you have an active booking with this scenario?

Theoretically, you should be able to obtain a "refund" FCC with the same expiration date of the original FCC. This is assuming you paid the full amount in FCC funds prior to final payment and the final payment deadline has not passed. After final payment, price adjustments are not honored.

1 hour ago, NorthStarStateCruiser said:

Is this a hypothetical question or do you have an active booking with this scenario?

Theoretically, you should be able to obtain a "refund" FCC with the same expiration date of the original FCC. This is assuming you paid the full amount in FCC funds prior to final payment and the final payment deadline has not passed. After final payment, price adjustments are not honored.

Thank you. It is an active booking that this has happened to. I was wondering if I needed to do anything or if the negative amount will automatically be issued as FCC 

14 hours ago, Dreamcruise27 said:

Thank you. Will give them a call after final payment in case there are further reductions…

I may be misunderstanding, but wouldn't you want to call now and take advantage of any current price reduction in case the prices go back up in the future?

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Shadow9612 said:

I may be misunderstanding, but wouldn't you want to call now and take advantage of any current price reduction in case the prices go back up in the future?

Yes, I will call to get the price reductions before final payment.

I meant that I will give them a call after final payment and request that a new FCC be provided so that I don’t end up requesting it after every price reduction.

Just now, Dreamcruise27 said:

I meant that I will give them a call after final payment and request that a new FCC be provided so that I don’t end up requesting it after every price reduction.

Ahhh, my apologies. Now I understand.  Good thinking!  Enjoy your cruise 😁

• Like 1