Sage Travel / Rome in Limo (Italy)- reviews? Thoughts?

PRPLE

Booked on HAL Volendam for their 42 day Atlantic adventure in 2024.  Researching Italy and options for shore excursions…. Not yet thrilled with options by HAL but those just getting loaded… so researching on our own….

i found lots of recommendations for Rome in Limo in the port forum… researching I found Sage Travel who specializes in disabled travel but searching here on cruise critic I can’t find much…. 

trying to get thoughts on Sage primarily but any comments on either or Italy is appreciated.  Depending on the day hubby uses a cane, walker, scooter.  He can do stairs just can’t walk

And yes I know about the cobblestones 

appreciate your inputs and experiences

On 7/19/2023 at 11:25 AM, kokopelli-az said:

What are your Italy port stops?

Dates/Ports/Times
Nov 23, 2024 - LIVORNO 8am - 12am 
Nov 24, 2024 - LIVORNO 12am - 7pm 
Nov 25, 2024 - CIVITAVECCHIA 7am - 12am
Nov 26, 2024 - CIVITAVECCHIA 12am - 11pm
Nov 27, 2024 - NAPLES 10am - 6pm
Nov 28, 2025 - CATANIA 10am - 6pm

I can speak personally about Livorno.   We used Papillon and they were wonderful.   From Livorno we were in a private SUV that took us to Lucca and Pisa on a half day tour.   We thought a whole day was too much so they taylored a half day tour for us.   The driver (he was from Livorno) and tour were excellent.  I would book with them again.  Highly rated and they cover most of the ports in Italy.   

My husband has a scooter and a collapsible transport chair.   We took his chair on the tour but he didn't get out anywhere.  I specifically asked for a "mostly driving" tour since I knew he would not want to get out; however, I got out a few places.  They can customize any tour for you.   

https://www.papillonservice.com/

You probably saw it, but John Sage gives the Naples cruise port 5 stars.   It's fairly easy to hang around the port area and look at the shops, etc. if you decide to not take a tour there.   

• Like 1