Celebrity pools

melissasneu

This is our first X cruise and DH would like to know if the pools are salt water or not and if they are heated?

Melissa

Salt water

The Thalassotherapy pool (indoor) is like bath water - this pool is included on M Class, and a small charge on C Class - and adults only. We've never found the outdoor pools cold, but have only been in them in Caribbean, so not sure how they are in colder climates.

All the pools and hot tubs on Celebrity are salt water. The Mercury has an outdoor pool and an indoor pool aft. The thallassotherapy pool, located in the spa, is a heated mineral pool with jets that make it like a giant powerful whirlpool and there is charge for it unless you are in a suite or elite captain's club member.

In Alaska, the water in the pools are cool.

Salt water and yes, they are heated, but only to about 70-75 degrees. Had drinks with the third engineer whose job it was to take care of the pools. Great guy.

When they do a dead head, no passengers, they turn off the heat. At that time they let the crew enjoy the ship. Cold water for crew, nice.

On Galaxy last summer in the Med, they must have pumped subsurface salt water up to the pools as the water was quite cool while the air temp was in the upper 90's. It was refreshing. The water at the beaches in Greece and Turkey was much warmer.

'Miner

Salt water and yes, they are heated, but only to about 70-75 degrees.

Evidently, the heaters have been broken on all 11 of my Celebrity cruises as the water temperature felt nowhere near 75 degrees.

Body temp 98.6 air temp 88, 70-75 would seem cold. To me if you are in the Caribbean with temps in the 80's shouldn't the pool temp be there too. If you are using sea water of 78-80 to fill the pool shouldn't the temp be more?

I don't know how they keep it that cool. I did a Mexican Riviera cruise and the day after sailing from San Diego the water felt no where near 70.

Don't shoot the messenger, I just relaying the info from the man to monitors the pool. He was on the Galaxy.

Archived