Equinox Cabin 7107 (or other family 2 bdrm cabins)

skoeper

Has anyone here stayed in this cabin?   Hubby and I are cruising and taking my father-in-law along this time.    Being on the VERY front of the ship, I'm wondering how much we will feel as far as movement.   I realize if the seas are rough, we will probably feel more.  Right?   Any input is appreciated!

17 minutes ago, skoeper said:

Has anyone here stayed in this cabin?   Hubby and I are cruising and taking my father-in-law along this time.    Being on the VERY front of the ship, I'm wondering how much we will feel as far as movement.   I realize if the seas are rough, we will probably feel more.  Right?   Any input is appreciated!

It's a scientific fact that by moving away from the center of the ship you will feel more motion, if there is motion to be felt at the time.  Many people, including myself, feel that the motion at the front of the ship is more noticeable and bothersome than that at the aft of the ship.  That said, I am susceptible to motion sickness and have sailed very far upfront (not quite that far) and was able to handle any rough seas with proper medication and preventive measures.  

9 minutes ago, phoenix_dream said:

I am susceptible to motion sickness and have sailed very far upfront (not quite that far) and was able to handle any rough seas with proper medication and preventive measures.  

That's good to hear.  I'm going through my "sea sick" bag right now and revamping it, just in case.   Just a little nervous about what we're doing!  lol.   We've been on 20 something cruises but never ever at the front of the ship like this.

3 minutes ago, skoeper said:

That's good to hear.  I'm going through my "sea sick" bag right now and revamping it, just in case.   Just a little nervous about what we're doing!  lol.   We've been on 20 something cruises but never ever at the front of the ship like this.

Even with my poor sea legs, I've sailed more than 75 times!  I always prefer mid-ship but will pick any location if need be.  A lot depends on lsailing ocation as, as you know being experienced, different locations trend towards different sea conditions, as does time of year  Also, if I have a lot of sea days I definitely prefer mid-ship so I don't have to worry about it.  If there are a lot of days in port it limits the chances of lots of time spent rockin and rollin.

5 minutes ago, phoenix_dream said:

A lot depends on lsailing ocation as, as you know being experienced, different locations trend towards different sea conditions, as does time of year 

I definitely hear ya!   99% of the time we sail midship but this was the only way we could take the FIL without actually sharing a cabin with 3 of us in it, and he has not been able to find someone to share a cabin next to us.  Soooooo, we're doing it <gulp>     We have stayed aft a few times and I honestly never felt motion back there.    Guess I'm just a nervous Nelly!  But the size of the cabin is like an apartment so hopefully that will make up for it.

Many years ago I was on Equinox in the cabin next door -  7105.   (Not a Family cabin, but an Oceanview).

I don't suffer from motion sickness, and wasn't conscious of any untoward motion - however on that sailing the seas were fairly calm, no particularly bad weather, or high winds, no adverse or unusual weather conditions. 

However the real negative which I do recall about the cabin, was the horrendous noise. 

Metal on metal - clanking, banging, scraping. Also juddering. Mechanical noises. Also probably thruster noise.

Sounded like it was in the walls of my cabin, not in the distance. Possibly related to whenever the anchor was dropped or hoisted, but it seemed to me that at other times too there were noises (clanking, juddering, whatever) in the walls. No idea why.

So, it affected at least all port arrivals and departures. The worst were the early morning arrivals - in that it woke you very early in the morning (eg. 5.30am for a 7am "arrival") on those days when we had early arrival at port - long before the scheduled arrival time.  Also depending on the ship's departure time in the  afternoon or night, it could also be an annoyance -  eg. if you were in your cabin getting ready for early dinner ; or a late night departure from port if you happened to be having an early night in bed. The cruise was 11 nights. It drove me mad. But may not bother others.

Maybe after all these years Celebrity have sorted it out, or at least added extra noise insulation into the cabins in that area.  

So, no motion sickness for me ; but annoyance, yes.

There are very few of these forward facing cabins, therefore less people would have experience of them. Also as the majority of cruisers are not on CruiseCritic and as it seems that many contributors to CruiseCritic only stay in veranda and above cabins, there are probably next to no reports on these cabins on CC. Plus sometimes people don't want to mention the negatives.

Many people may not mind the noise, may be up really early, may be out late at night, may be heavy sleepers. I can only comment on my experience.   

Anyway your query was about motion for your cabin in that location of the ship - as I said I didn't notice much (next door), however the weather was fairly good for our cruise (from what I remember). Possibly what route, what time of year you are cruising, usual weather conditions and what sailing speeds, might have more of a bearing on how much motion there might be. Hopefully all will be well for you.   

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, skoeper said:

We have been in those cabins on six cruises but up on Deck 8. I am prone to being seasick and have not gotten seasick in those cabins yet as the motion was not that severe during our trips. 

And yes, if the seas are rough, the pitching motion will be worse the further away from the ship's center you are. 

The noise from docking or anchoring was not as bad as described in the prior post and that may be due to us being on Deck 8. 

IMG_0270.thumb.jpeg.4b5b61df98265790a5e5c8770461fb4d.jpeg

Edited by mahdnc
  • Like 1

We stayed in this cabin in 2019 in the carribean.  Never felt any motion, and our eldest child gets travel sick very easily and even he was fine.

The only down side is the loud noise when docking, but for us this was more than outweighed by the extra space and the two separate bedrooms.

NB.  We are staying in 7108 on the Reflection in a few weeks!

Edited by FINTPOPE
additional info
  • Like 1

Great cabin, best feature - SPACE!

The main living area and main bedroom are very spacious. There is a small table, and lots of floor space. You can have a sofa bed here and or a rollaway bed on request. 

The 2nd bedroom is a very tiny bunk room.

One bathroom for everyone, situated just outside the bunk room.

Smallish balcony depending which deck you are on, 8 is bigger than 7.

Noise early morning but we got used to it, and were excited to watch us docking.

We have sailed in this type of cabin 3 times, and really suited us when we took children.

If my group were all adults, would book 2 cabins for the second bathroom and a 'proper' bed in 2nd. 

Hope this helps. 

• Like 1

We cruised in room 7108 in June of this year. While it was nice to have extra space the amount of noise and vibrations when docking and undocking was excessive.  Everything in the room was shaking and it was very loud. As previous posts have said it would be better to book 2 cabins, so you also have an additional bathroom.  (Other family members were in room 7115 and did not have any vibrations and very minimal noise.)  We did not feel any additional movement while cruising, from being in the very front of the ship. 

• Like 2