If you count 3 B2B cruises as 3, I’ve been on 5 AOV trips beginning in 2021 (barely post Covid) and continuing until this month.

A number of issues that existed in 2021 continue, namely:

the bare functionality of the website,

the abysmal communication between corporate and passengers, and between front desk and passengers

the ridiculous on-board Wi-Fi situation,

the unnecessarily complex shore excursion brochures and booking procedure,

the clear impression that certain guests who complain vociferously are rewarded with some really nice perks (like getting to stay onboard for the next cruise for a reduced fare when the ship isn’t full…I heard about that, thought it was idle gossip, but watched in dismay as I saw it was fact

And the over-all feeling that the right hand doesn’t know what the left hand is doing and doesn’t much care what you think either.

Don’t misunderstand, I really like AOV but AOV seems unsure of what it wants to be and how to become that vision. The atmosphere on each of the cruises I’ve been on has been wildly different, from an excellent on-board Independent Film festival complete with directors and writers, screenings and lectures to a grotesque half-naked exotic dance troop bellying up to guests as they were dining, women collecting tips in their bras and the men in their little pants. Very athletic, but not really fine dining appropriate 

So, what’s the vision here? Where are you headed? Which tier of cruising are you hoping to join?

ekkc10753,

First and foremost, thank you for your continued loyalty.

Additionally, I very much appreciate your candid and valuable feedback.  I want to thank you for sailing with us and for returning twice more.   

You asked about my vision, and that is focused on being a year-round expedition cruise company.  I believe we offer superior expedition cruising experiences with great value.  We’ve expanded beyond the traditional Polar expedition concept this year with our introduction of Epicurean Expeditions with great success and look forward to launching our Cultural Expedition concept in 2024 as the next evolution of our offering.  My vision for the team and for our onboard experience is focused on executing flawlessly across all our vessels and in creating the consistency that you mention.  The start-up of Atlas has been challenged by the pandemic, supply chain issues, and some staffing changes which I believe are all now behind us.  We’re aggressively working towards improving the pre-cruise communication experience and have created a Guest Experience department lead by an industry veteran to evaluate and implement innovative, informative, and timely communications before, during and after your voyage. Over the last month and a half our teams have completed the installation of the Starlink satellite system on our vessels. This system will increase bandwidth, connectivity and the overall Wi-Fi experience. The shore excursion booking challenges will be addressed in our upcoming website enhancements coming later this year. 

Best regards, James