Transfers from Trieste to Venice

Mkdvmz

On 8/7/2023 at 5:04 PM, Wavedance said:

Our cruise ends at Trieste on Oct. 11. After looking at many options, we decided to take the train from Trieste to Venice Santa Lucia station. From there, we buy a 2-day pass and take a vaporetto to our hotel nearby. We will use the vaporetto to get around Venice, then will get the bus from Piazzale Roma to Marco Polo airport. We think this will work out okay. We've been in Venice before but stayed on Guidecca.

We were unsure about some of the car services because they are basically websites that contract with private drivers, but seem to wash their hands of any responsibility after they pass off the booking to the driver.

We used one of the car services that contract with private drivers and had excellent service from Trieste to Venice.

Be wary of pickpockets on the vaporettos. Caught an older, very well dressed, attractive lady with her hands in my pocket in the line to get on a vaporetto. Naively, thought she was grabbing for something else. Later realized she was after my wallet........and did not get it.

On 8/7/2023 at 10:04 PM, Mkdvmz said:

Lunch at Locanda Cipriani is a wonderful event. We have been several times and it is always a highlight. The island of Torcello, while small is quite interesting to walk about, so leave time before or after lunch. The restaurant is closed on Tuesdays, so plan accordingly. We aren’t able to go this year,as Tuesday would be our only option, so disappointed 

I just had an email from someone in the Cipriani Hotels today telling me that the Locanda is shutting for renovations and might not be open on May 2 when we want to eat there...  that would be very sad.  I asked her to keep me in the loop.   At worst we will still go to Torcello and eat somewhere else.  At best - they will have re-opened...

Transfer is getting to be a nightmare.  Our TA can get us on an Oceania bus to the airport where we can get the Hyatt boat to the hotel.  For $89.   Or on an Oceania private car transfer to the airport - $449.   Problem is I have to figure out a fictious flight number to put on the reservation for either!  We are not flying from Venice.  We are taking the train home to Switzerland...   It will get sorted.  A private limo transfer is around €270.  But there is always the ? as to whether they show up.

4 hours ago, Hambagahle said:

I just had an email from someone in the Cipriani Hotels today telling me that the Locanda is shutting for renovations and might not be open on May 2 when we want to eat there...  that would be very sad.  I asked her to keep me in the loop.   At worst we will still go to Torcello and eat somewhere else.  At best - they will have re-opened...

Transfer is getting to be a nightmare.  Our TA can get us on an Oceania bus to the airport where we can get the Hyatt boat to the hotel.  For $89.   Or on an Oceania private car transfer to the airport - $449.   Problem is I have to figure out a fictious flight number to put on the reservation for either!  We are not flying from Venice.  We are taking the train home to Switzerland...   It will get sorted.  A private limo transfer is around €270.  But there is always the ? as to whether they show up.

Oh no! That is dreadful! There aren’t many other options to eat that match the joy of Locanda Cipriani. We decided to book a private car transport for four of us with water taxi included to our hotels. I am of the opinion, they will show it is good money and a bad review could put them out of business . It is 400 euro for the four of us. I don’t want to wait on the bus for other stragglers to arrive, luggage being loaded on and off. 

On 8/7/2023 at 6:04 PM, Wavedance said:

Our cruise ends at Trieste on Oct. 11. After looking at many options, we decided to take the train from Trieste to Venice Santa Lucia station. From there, we buy a 2-day pass and take a vaporetto to our hotel nearby. We will use the vaporetto to get around Venice, then will get the bus from Piazzale Roma to Marco Polo airport. We think this will work out okay. We've been in Venice before but stayed on Guidecca.

We were unsure about some of the car services because they are basically websites that contract with private drivers, but seem to wash their hands of any responsibility after they pass off the booking to the driver.

Where is the train station in Trieste? Can you walk there or taxi?