Royal Caribbean accessibility interview

misguy

🚢 Navigating the world of accessible travel can be complex, but it doesn't have to be! We sat down with Ron Pettit, Head of Accessibility at Royal Caribbean, to discuss how they accommodate passengers with unique needs. 🙌

In our video, we delve into key questions like cabin availability for passengers needing accessibility, ship-wise accessibility distribution, different levels of accessibility, and how Royal Caribbean safeguards these facilities for those who genuinely need them.

We also explore accessible excursions, accommodations for blind, deaf, and autistic passengers, the accessibility of spa, pools, and hot tubs, and what assistance Royal Caribbean provides to those with challenges.

After this chat, it's clear that Royal Caribbean is leading the way in being autism-friendly, mobility-friendly, vision-impaired friendly, and hearing-impaired friendly.

Check out the video at

to discover more! 🎥

#AccessibleTravel #RoyalCaribbean #InclusiveCruising #AutismFriendlyTravel #TravelForAll

• Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, ginnynj said:

Looking forward to watching this. Thanks for the interview and link! 

You are welcome.  My wife and I create content about accessible travel because it is so hard to find things.  

Agreed, My DH after a MVA uses a motorized wc and is on O2 all the time. We have had the pleasure of working with the Special Needs Dept several times and have found them helpful and professional in assisting clients. As a RN, I find that level of responsiveness and care, important! Cruising has always been our favorite vacation and life's curve balls changed up how we cruise now, but we still do. Thanks again Happy Cruising!

• Like 1

We often have to book accessible cabins 18-24 months ahead of time or miss out. Waiting until closer to the sail date is rarely an option.

The problem is,  if our plans change, we have to pay the $100 per guest change fee.

It's a gamble to book early. It's a gamble to wait.

• Like 2

Royal's website has a section for accessible Excursions.  Many listed are NOT truly accessible!

Also, do NOT trust accessible airport shuttles. The buses are rarely equipped and you'll end up in a cab, anyway.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, STEVE-O said:

Royal's website has a section for accessible Excursions.  Many listed are NOT truly accessible!

Also, do NOT trust accessible airport shuttles. The buses are rarely equipped and you'll end up in a cab, anyway.

I would always check the details, because if it is really accessible, you should see a note there.  I run into the issue across all the cruise lines.