Carnival Venezia Buffet

amberjohn

2 hours ago, TiredTrucker said:

But that's how a buffet is supposed to work.

Sounds like Venezia is functioning as a cafeteria instead.  It should be a simple thing for Carnival to address if they wanted to.

2 hours ago, TiredTrucker said:

But that's how a buffet is supposed to work.

Sounds like Venezia is functioning as a cafeteria instead.  It should be a simple thing for Carnival to address if they wanted to.

The Venezia has been sailing for months now and these issues have been repeatedly reported,  Probably also mentioned the issue within the submitted "surveys".   Doesn't someone from Carnival read these ?   However something that could so easily be fixed is just ignored.

• Like 2

The bottom line is If it doesn’t make them money, they don’t care. There will have to be A LOT of serious complaining for them to address this. All I know for sure is that standing in line and gazing over at the empty stations is EXTREMELY annoying. Staff shortage, right? More like profit shortage. Not that I blame them, they took one heck of a licking over COVID but lining people up is like cattle herding to me and should be avoided at all costs. How far up the cruise line market does one need to go to be treated like a person who deserves better treatment than this for their time and $$$$?  
Cunard, Regent, Oceania…heck, idk.  

Edited by silvercrikhix

I stood in line for immigration at the airport yesterday for 2 hours and there was no food at the end just a 45 minute Uber ride in lines of stopped traffic.  There are lines everywhere in life.  Chat it up with the people around you and don't worry about what everyone else is doing.  If someone "pops in" to grab an item that is readily available then "pops out" they didn't affect the movement of the line that was stalled anyway.  There's stress everywhere in life, don't let it follow you to the lido on vacation.  Otherwise you can always "sit and wait" rather than "stand in line" in the dining room.  Just an observation and I'll be on the Venezia in a month.  Maybe I'll have a different attitude after.  Just came off the Eurodam to Alaska 2 days ago and yup lines for all the individual stations (especially for hand dipped ice cream) even with a great lido setup and Holland America is several steps up from the ships sailing under the brand Carnival.   Ships are sailing full now and there will be lines.  Now the assistant manager in the Spa on the Eurodam and her attitude - that was unacceptable - but there was no line!🙂

• Like 3