R U Punished for buying Sushi in a package?

36 minutes ago, ATLgirl15 said:

Seems like a lot of different experiences. But if you can order a la cart up to the $39.99 credit that seems to make the most sense for us.  Sometimes we prefer more small plates and less main.

Unless it's been raised the credit isnt 39.99 for ala carte with the package. I think I read $25. The 39.99 price is new so I doubt the credit was raised. 

If your family is big on sushi, I would just buy a la cart. I took my teens there for lunch doing the prix fixe and they we not happy with the "half rolls" you get now. Adding in the extra full sized rolls I ended up ordering for them so they didn't have to get lunch after lunch, I spent more than if I would have if I would have just ordered a la cart.

I wish they would have just left the sushi 8 pieces but RC's new motto seems to be nickel and diming everyone to death by charging the same or more for half the product or service.

• Like 1

I guess I’ll find out in 3 weeks but I can see myself arguing with them about it.  I’ve never had a dining package on Royal but have on Celebrity and they do not “limit” anything in the sushi restaurant.  Granted I haven’t sailed them since COVID so who knows.  Hospitality industry across the board is becoming less “hospitable.” 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ATLgirl15 said:

I guess I’ll find out in 3 weeks but I can see myself arguing with them about it.  I’ve never had a dining package on Royal but have on Celebrity and they do not “limit” anything in the sushi restaurant.  Granted I haven’t sailed them since COVID so who knows.  Hospitality industry across the board is becoming less “hospitable.” 

If it's a pkg you know its 4 pieces. What's to argue about? You can try but if it doesnt get anywhere, I'd give it up. I'll be there in about 4 and 5 weeks both. Booked twice.

I found this in the Royal FAQ page.  I’m OK with a $35 a la Carte credit.
Can I eat at an a la carte restaurant with a specialty dining package?
Guests with a dining package will get a $35 credit towards the food portion, any cost in addition of that credit will be charged at our normal a la carte rate. (A la carte restaurants include Izumi Sushi and Sichuan Red)
  • Thanks 1