found ring on Navigator OTS

Update 8/14/2023 10:00 MST

I was able to talk to someone in the correct department at Royal Caribbean. They do have a Chargerback warehouse but she was unable to just give me the mailing address without pre-coordinating first...so hopefully I will get a call back today that it is ok. (The website is only for listing lost items, not found ones according to her.) She said that I would have to pay for shipping to the warehouse but I told her that wasn't an issue. Crossing my fingers that they will be ok with the mailing. I already tried to talk my husband into letting me book another cruise next week on the Navigator so I can drop it off at Guest Services. Maybe I will start a ***** instead (just kidding! 🤣)

• Like 4

4 hours ago, worldtraveler212 said:

Update 8/14/2023 10:00 MST

I was able to talk to someone in the correct department at Royal Caribbean. They do have a Chargerback warehouse but she was unable to just give me the mailing address without pre-coordinating first...so hopefully I will get a call back today that it is ok. (The website is only for listing lost items, not found ones according to her.) She said that I would have to pay for shipping to the warehouse but I told her that wasn't an issue. Crossing my fingers that they will be ok with the mailing. I already tried to talk my husband into letting me book another cruise next week on the Navigator so I can drop it off at Guest Services. Maybe I will start a ***** instead (just kidding! 🤣)

Your posts on social media sites may yet reap dividends; little time has passed.  

Even if you get approval to mail the ring to a Chargerback warehouse, you might consider waiting a short time before mailing the ring in case the owner contacts you via social media.   Imagine the owner’s frustration if they heard about your social media post from a friend and contacted you to discover their heirloom is in the mail (where it could get lost) enroute to a big warehouse (another place it could get lost).  Just a thought.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Starry Eyes said:

Your posts on social media sites may yet reap dividends; little time has passed.  

Even if you get approval to mail the ring to a Chargerback warehouse, you might consider waiting a short time before mailing the ring in case the owner contacts you via social media.   Imagine the owner’s frustration if they heard about your social media post from a friend and contacted you to discover their heirloom is in the mail (where it could get lost) enroute to a big warehouse (another place it could get lost).  Just a thought.

Good points ❤️ I am still waiting to hear back from Royal Caribbean but will definitely keep those points in mind.

Other social media areas where it is shared (if anyone out there would like to help get the word out)

Instagram:

https://www.instagram.com/reel/Cv8U9H3poqr/?igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

Facebook:

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=pfbid02uT96xsZXYGfFDKrcQTr73KBwRX2pNWhtxffKpgBThMNS6z2G6yjzJmTkjgj4MCDGl&id=1373264753&mibextid=Nif5oz