Public Transit from Port of Ashdod to Jerusalem

traveltilidrop

I will be on the Celebrity Apex, visiting Ashdod on October 9th and 10th. How easy/difficult is it to get to Jerusalem on your own using public transportation? I understand there are shuttle buses that take you from your cruise ship to Ashdod, and from there you can take a bus or train to Jerusalem. Is it fairly easy once you are off the shuttle to make your way to the bus or train station?

Thank you.

• 3 weeks later...

It depends on where the shuttle lets you off.  I assume it would be in the downtown Mall area which is very close to the bus terminal.  If so, there are frequent buses to Jerusalem which should take about an hour. No reservations are needed.

You will arrive at the Central Bus Station and there are all types of transportation options there including the Light Rail which will take you directly to the Old City in about a half hour or less.

Reverse the process to go back but find out where and when you can get the shuttle back to ship.

The train is not a sensible option from the Ashdod port, city or even train station.

Enjoy your day