Saint Greg's Alaska Jewel - Live - August 28, 2023

Saint Greg

On 8/30/2023 at 10:07 AM, Saint Greg said:

I was really torn on booking that excursion. I saw so many videos on YouTube of the ship getting almost as close to the glacier as the excursion boats. But they don’t really post the videos of times that it’s too foggy for the ship to get in there. And that’s what happened yesterday. I’d be surprised if the people on the ship got to see the glacier at.

I’m very happy I got to see the glacier up close. The section of glacier we got to see today was probably 30 times the size of what I got to see of Sawyer glacier on my Tracy arm excursion last year. It doesn’t come through in the stills but I saw a lot of calving. Probably 5 times. And we heard stuff happening you couldn’t see a lot more. I have some of it on video if it’ll ever upload.

If you’re interested in seeing what Tracy arm was like you.can see that here https://www.saintgregtravel.com/tracy-arm-fjord-glacier-explorer/

I think this is the one we booked also, but could not go because it was too hazardous.  The ship got as close as it could, which looked close, but Google Maps said the edge of the glacier was still 7 miles away.  Hard to figure.

• Like 3