Which Dining Room?

bwgreen

Hello,

There are 8 of us booked on the British Isles cruise May 3rd 2024 on the Regal Princess and I was hoping to reserve a table for all 8 of us, at the same time in the same dining room on the ship.  I see from the deck plans that there are 3 MDRs - the Concerto, the Allegro and the Symphony - which would be the best one to try?  Also to consider is space - one of our group (me) has a balance disorder and uses an electric scooter (and takes a cane with me) on-board the ship to get around - so would need a place to "park" it while at the table.

Thanks,

Brian

Since you will be using a scooter, I would avoid Allegro unless you are staying in an aft cabin. Because it is only accessible by the aft elevators you have to either take 2 different elevators to get there or take your scooter for a long walk down the cramped  hallway from your cabin to aft elevator. Neither are ideal in my experience.  

I use a wheelchair and we have always dined in the concerto dining room and have enjoyed it, even when traveling with larger parties. Plenty of room to dine and either stay in the wheelchair or park it near the restaurant entrance. 

16 minutes ago, bwgreen said:

Hello,

There are 8 of us booked on the British Isles cruise May 3rd 2024 on the Regal Princess and I was hoping to reserve a table for all 8 of us, at the same time in the same dining room on the ship.  I see from the deck plans that there are 3 MDRs - the Concerto, the Allegro and the Symphony - which would be the best one to try?  Also to consider is space - one of our group (me) has a balance disorder and uses an electric scooter (and takes a cane with me) on-board the ship to get around - so would need a place to "park" it while at the table.

Thanks,

Brian

Same menus, same kitchen, same service standard between all three. Only difference is location and slight decor. 

Pick the one that will be easiest to access from wherever you'll be prior to dinner.

Usually, that means a midship dining room as lots of people enjoy the music or a drink at Vines or show or whatever prior to dinner.  

Allegro, aft dining room, will be quietest overall - but some find it more difficult to access as you can't get there from deck 5 or 6 midship - you have to go aft on 7/Promenade or higher and then take the stairs or elevator down to 6.  

Take a look at the deck plans a d choose accordingly.. 

all of the dining rooms will have space to park your scooter...they are used to mobility devices...you could even talk to the Restaurant manager when you board (one of the dining rooms should be open & you can talk to whoever is available) & see if they can arrange for your table to be nearer the entrance & easy to access (I haven't been on the Regal, but some ships have a step up to some of the dining spaces)