Sky minor improvements through the year

Tomcruise92

Hi all

Thought I'd post some of the positive improvements. I sailed on the same ship earlier in the year. Although minor, some of these just made the experience feel much better:

1. Return of separate dessert and after dinner menus.

2. Printed and bound menus throughout most venues, including the piazza.

3. The internet quality has significantly improved.

4. Dinner service was excellent.

5. MDR food quality has significantly improved in my opinion since earlier in the year. Some of the best meals we've had on a cruise.

6. The new robes ordered to the stateroom. These were significantly better than last time.

7. The quality of room service food.

8. The quality of desserts were significantly better.

I know these are small but I feel Princess is getting a lot of bad press recently so always good to mention small things that are better.

Overall the cruise was fantastic and crew were exceptional.

Edited by Tomcruise92
  • Like 13
  • Thanks 5

• Tomcruise92 changed the title to Sky minor improvements through the year
8 hours ago, Tomcruise92 said:

I know these are small but I feel Princess is getting a lot of bad press recently so always good to mention small things that are better.

Thank you for sharing! We will be on the Sky in Jan. for our first cruise with Princess. Was SO excited to try the “Love Boat” 🤪 but was getting a little worried reading some of the posts! So YAY! Excitement will continue!😁

• Like 1

On 8/20/2023 at 11:05 PM, dixiejen said:

Thank you for sharing! We will be on the Sky in Jan. for our first cruise with Princess. Was SO excited to try the “Love Boat” 🤪 but was getting a little worried reading some of the posts! So YAY! Excitement will continue!😁

Honestly you'll have a great time. In our experience, it is very relaxing and overall really  great service, food and entertainment. The staff are absolutely delightful.

You'll be singing The Love Boat during and after the cruise, as my partner and I do every time we embark and disembark Princess!! 😂

On 8/20/2023 at 7:29 AM, Tomcruise92 said:

Hi all

Thought I'd post some of the positive improvements. I sailed on the same ship earlier in the year. Although minor, some of these just made the experience feel much better:

1. Return of separate dessert and after dinner menus.

2. Printed and bound menus throughout most venues, including the piazza.

3. The internet quality has significantly improved.

4. Dinner service was excellent.

5. MDR food quality has significantly improved in my opinion since earlier in the year. Some of the best meals we've had on a cruise.

6. The new robes ordered to the stateroom. These were significantly better than last time.

7. The quality of room service food.

8. The quality of desserts were significantly better.

Overall the cruise was fantastic and crew were exceptional.

Thank you so much for this.  We sailed on Sky in late Nov/early Dec 22 and are on her again for 2 weeks at Xmas and NY. While we recognize that food will always be subjective, we are enthused about your reported improvements.

• Like 1

We sailed on Sky Princess in June having sailed three times prior - the inaugural Med season, one of the first post Covid short cruises and in early 2022. We felt this latest cruise was one of the best cruises we have been on - being in Norway helped as it’s such an amazing destination - the cruise honestly felt like a return to pre Covid days. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Geoffa30 said:

We sailed on Sky Princess in June having sailed three times prior - the inaugural Med season, one of the first post Covid short cruises and in early 2022. We felt this latest cruise was one of the best cruises we have been on - being in Norway helped as it’s such an amazing destination - the cruise honestly felt like a return to pre Covid days. 

Couldn't agree more. Princess seem to, on the whole, have sorted themselves out a bit. It felt so much better.

I know the package changes are annoying people but in terms of the ship service and feel itself, there has been a definite recent improvement in the second half of 2023. I wonder if it is fleet wide?

Ps. Agree... cruising to Norway almost makes you instantly feel amazing! 

Edited by Tomcruise92
  • Like 1

We are on her now, she is still a fabulous ship.

Only dissapointment so far has been Sabatinis, it was the worst meal we have ever had at sea.  They need to have a big rethink and try and bring that place up to the same standard as the new Catch restaurant.

All areas of the ship look fresh and the crew are all fabulous.

Sad that we won't have more of this ship class in Europe next year.

• Like 1