Whitsunday Islands shore ex from Airlie Beach

gardening_diva

During our Bali to Australia itinerary (Nov '23) we'll be tendered at Airlie Beach.

One of the included shore ex from Airlie Beach is a 2 hour boat tour around the Whitsunday Islands.

Because it's an included shore ex I assume it's much like a panoramic bus tour where you sail past for photos but don't get off.

I'm not sure if this tour has been offered as an included ex before, but if so, I have a couple of Q's for anyone that has done it.

1. Will the boat pick us up from the ship or do we have to tender ashore first?
  2. Does the tour 'visit' Whitehaven Beach? The description doesn't specify any particular locations.

There is another shore ex specifically to Whitehaven Beach but that's by RIB and is not recommended for anyone with neck/back issues so we can't take that one.

Thanks!

6 minutes ago, gardening_diva said:

I received a reply from Viking on one of the questions - "The included tour Sailing The Whitsundays will not visit Whitehaven beach and there are no stops on this sailing tour. "

Thanks! 😢