Genoa tip: walk nature instead of city (diy)

sealynx

I've been on several cruises to Genua. Although is a nice city, after visiting it two times, you've seen about everything there is. Therefore I started looking for something else to do when in Genua, and I've found a great alternative for active people who like nature. We took the Funicolare from Zecca (25 min walk from the ship) to Righi and walked all around the city westward to the Granarolo rack tramway at Via B. Bianco. This walk will take you 3-4 hours incl. rest stops. You'll see the old city wall, several ancient outposts and fortresses and you can have a great view over the valley north of the city. A great way to get a way from the crowds, and above all: completely free of charge (incl. the funicolare and the tramway)

• Like 1

Genoa is popular this week!  This does sound like an interesting alternative to the same old, same old that tends to happen in ports.

All of the funicolari and elevators (I love how they refer to them as vertical systems) are free all of the time, the metro (subway) system is free during certain hours (between 10 AM - 4 PM and again from 8 PM - 10 PM), called an "experiment" on the city's web site.

Metropolitana | AZIENDA MOBILITA' E TRASPORTI SpA (amt.genova.it)

• Host Bonjour changed the title to Genoa tip: walk nature instead of city (diy)