Britannia cabin question

shot2bits

Hi, long time since I posted on here as haven’t cruised since pre Covid. We are sailing on Britannia on 22 nd September: we have been given an ‘upgrade’ from deck 12 down to deck 8 , room G221. Grade GC.  As this is a lifeboat deck apparently, are we likely to have an obscured view? If so, can I do anything about it? I can’t tell from the deck layout plan. Thanks in advance, Ron 

Edited by shot2bits
Clarification

We had G218 the year before last.  It has the sofa which makes it a higher grade.  We enjoyed it, there was a little noise from the theatre but not terrible and we slept well.

Last year we had a similar cabin on deck 9 and in our opinion this was far more obstructed than the deck 8 one. It was a huge disappointment and I'd rather have the deck 8 one any time.

Edited by Megabear2
  • Like 1

Hi thanks everyone. We were originally in a cat HC on deck 12. Relieved that we are not obstructed, Mrs S2B would have gone ballistic, also I was a bit worried about the noise from the theatre but Megabear2 has put my mind at rest, so thanks. I still don’t think it’s a major upgrade but as per the rules, we have to accept it.