AMA Waterways flight promotion

nanlyn

We are scheduled for Melodies of the Danube cruise ( Budapest to Prague ) in June 2024.  AMA is currently offering a promotion of economy airfare for $899.  We are trying to decide if we should take advantage of that.  We want to avoid too many layovers, long travel days, etc.  I know that if you book airfare through them that’s not through a promotion, they will work with you to find a suitable flight.  I’m interested in knowing how it worked out for any of you that booked through one of their promotion offers.   Thanks in advance!

We have a promotion flight coming up in October.  Very satisfied with the flights (both carrier and timing).  In fact they were flights I would have chosen.  We were able to designate our preferred airport to depart from. And the flights we received only have one layover each way.  (The trip is to Asia so no surprise there would be a stop somewhere. ).  The cost of the promotion was much better then the cost of the flight if we booked on our own.  

My pleasure.   I should also tell you that we were told once we paid the final payment we would not be able to change our minds concerning the departure airport. I recall fine print that promotion air fare was linked to specific airports.  If we booked on our own, we could have looked at flights from philadelphia, Newark or jfk.  Most flights from Philly required 2 layovers, and for us jfk is a nightmare to get to.   Check the fine print regarding departure cities.