Piraeus to Athens Airport on Disembarkation Day

china addict

Does anyone know if Oceania offers a bus transfer to the airport (for a fee of course) that includes a bit of sightseeing before the airport, for those of us on a late flight?  A few years ago in Miami we were wondering what to do with our luggage after getting off the ship at 9:00 AM and having lots of time to kill before our flight home.  When the disembarkation questionnaire was distributed on board, we were pleased to find Oceania offered a basic bus tour of Miami which included safekeeping of our luggage before finally taking us to MIA.  Is there a similar program in Piraeus, and of not, can anyone suggest how to plan on our own?  Thanks in advance.

I don't remember seeing anything like you described in Miami for Piraeus on our two trips there.  But it's been a long time, and I probably wasn't looking, so don't really know what Oceania might offer.  I guess some possible solutions might be looking into a luggage forwarding service, a day hotel in Piraeus or Athens, or a storage facility (free standing, or at rail station or whatever) in either city, or at the Athens airport.  I suppose with a private customizable tour you could have the tour guide take you and luggage to airport, drop them off or store them, tour the city a bit, and then be dropped off at a convenient point for taking a taxi or airport bus back to the airport. You may also want to post in the "Ports of Call" section of Cruise Critic, Europe section, asking what might be available in Athens or Piraeus.  

Edited by IWantToLiveOverTheSea