Outlets by bed

Lessa123

Morning everyone,

We're booked on the Eurodam in March.  It's our first HAL cruise since 2013 and our first AFT cabin ever (7136).  My husband now uses a CPAP machine.  I'm wondering if there are outlets near the bed or will we need to bring an extension cord?  Also, do we bring distilled water aboard or can HAL provide it?  Thank you

If you reach out to HAL's accessibility department they can make sure there is a gallon of distilled water in your room for you for a small fee, I don't recall how much but this is different than the drinking water purchase.

Guest Accessibility Department

Phone: 1-800-547-8493 (locally at 1-206-626-7044)

TTY: 1-800-254-8669

Email: GuestAccessibility@HollandAmerica.com

Note that you can also bring some aboard but it has to be stored with the CPAP machine. 

As for the outlet, I believe there should be one close enough to the bed. I know my brother brought his on his last cruise with HAL and had no issues at all. 

Enjoy your cruise!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Lessa123 said:

Morning everyone,

We're booked on the Eurodam in March.  It's our first HAL cruise since 2013 and our first AFT cabin ever (7136).  My husband now uses a CPAP machine.  I'm wondering if there are outlets near the bed or will we need to bring an extension cord?  Also, do we bring distilled water aboard or can HAL provide it?  Thank you

I know that on many ships there is a European style outlet on the wall behind the bed. I can't say for sure if Eurodam has this. Hopefully someone can verify.  Just need an adapter.  I also use a CPAP and have used this, really nice to not have an extension cord across the floor.

• Like 1

HAL will supply an extension cord for you. As others have said you can buy a gallon of distilled water from HAL, it's not expensive and it saves you lugging a big jug of water with you. I was able to run the extension in such a way that it was out of the way for the most part. we unplugged it during the day and plugged it in at bed time.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Murray's Pop said:

https://rogerjett-photography.com/wp-content/gallery/eurodam/IMG_2434-8.jpg 

Here is a pic of a Eurodam Neptune Suite nightstand I found showing outlets.  This is above both nightstands in the suite.

I'm not sure a picture of what is in a premium suite is a fair representation of what other accommodation on that ship or any other ship may offer. I know there were 2 North American style plugs on Zaandam that I wasn't expecting to have, then I realized that they were for the old TV and DVD player that are gone and replaced by a large flat screen on the wall, unfortunately they were all on the wall opposite the bed.

16 minutes ago, Blackduck59 said:

I'm not sure a picture of what is in a premium suite is a fair representation of what other accommodation on that ship or any other ship may offer. I know there were 2 North American style plugs on Zaandam that I wasn't expecting to have, then I realized that they were for the old TV and DVD player that are gone and replaced by a large flat screen on the wall, unfortunately they were all on the wall opposite the bed.

The OP asked about the Eurodam. This is the Eurodam. Yes, it is a Neptune Suite. It was the only pic I found that showed outlets.

1 minute ago, Murray's Pop said:

The OP asked about the Eurodam. This is the Eurodam. Yes, it is a Neptune Suite. It was the only pic I found that showed outlets.

Like I said a Neptune suite doesn't represent the majority of cabins on that ship. If the OP is in a Neptune suite then the picture answers their question.