Two questions: SDP and wine dispensers

jds2001

This seems like it should be a FAQ, but I can't seem to find an answer anywhere (and I'm a first time cruiser and poster, be kind!). I'm a solo cruiser in a studio, so get one specialty meal with FAS. Upgraded to FAS Plus, so I get two more for a total of three. Made reservations for said three meals. So far so good. I'm at Cagney's on embarkation day (8PM so I can enjoy sailaway), Ocean Blue day 2, and Le Bistro on another sea day later in the cruise. So far so good.

Let's say that I pop into American Diner for lunch on day 2. Can I decline using the SDP and pay a la carte being that I have the reservations already?

Also, somewhat unrelated, but the terms are unclear. Are the wine dispensers in the studio lounge included in the Premium Plus beverage package I get with FAS Plus? The terms say "Includes unlimited fountain soda, freshly squeezed juice, bottled water (still and sparkling), energy drinks, non-alcoholic beer, wine dispensers, and specialty coffee." However, below that it says "Does not include room service, mini bar purchases, vending machines, or pre-cruise wine bottle purchases, or Connoisseur Collection beverages."

Is the thing in the studio lounge a wine dispenser (included) or a vending machine (not included)? Why make it so confusing?

1 hour ago, jds2001 said:

Let's say that I pop into American Diner for lunch on day 2. Can I decline using the SDP and pay a la carte being that I have the reservations already?

How you pay for each meal is determined at time of service. You can use your SDP credit. Others have additional SDP credits by buying an additional package (we buy extra meals). Others have vouchers for attaining Platinum status with Latitudes (NCL frequent cruiser program). Others have vouchers from travel agents and others. Some will, as you asked, just pay cash (room charge) a meal. 

You decide the method of payment when you arrive at the restaurant (the hostess will ask you). 

15 hours ago, jds2001 said:

Is the thing in the studio lounge a wine dispenser (included) or a vending machine (not included)? Why make it so confusing?

The wine dispenser is not included in Premium Plus. There are wine dispensers in the buffet also, and these also are not included.

• Like 1