Hertz Car Rental

jewelhux

Hi, due to a change of cruise line, we will be driving from the Orlando airport down to Fort Lauderdale via rental car the night before our cruise in June. We are staying at a hotel in the area and will be returning the rental car the morning of the cruise.

I have two questions: is the airport the best location to return a Hertz car (that's how I have the reservation set up currently) and what is the best way to get to the pier once we have returned the car?

Thank you from a total newbie!!

First, check with your rental car company about drop off/pick up at the pier. Second, the airport in FL is next door to the pier. You can "almost" walk form the airport. Note the quotes on almost, but it is very close. Taxi fare should be modest. You can see the airport from the ships and vice versa.

Dh and I had a Hertz rental for 24 hours prior to sailing on 1/28. Due to heightened airport security, Hertz no longer has airport drop-off. Instead, we returned the car to the Sunrise Blvd. location (downtown) and rode their free shuttle to the pier. The Sunrise Blvd. drop-off was about 10 minutes from the Courtyard where we stayed.

Hope this helps.

Chris

I would see which rental car companies have a free shuttle to the cruise pier and rent through one of them. Then it doesnt matter how far from the pier the car is dropped off.

We have been renting from Alamo for our cruises out of Miami as they have a free shuttle from the Miami Airport to the cruise pier.

We also recently rented from Alamo in Orlando and dropped the car off in West Palm Beach Airport. We checked with the other major rental agencies, and Alamo was by far the best deal. Hundreds of dollars less for a 8 day rental.

I am just not sure if Alamo runs a shuttle from FL to the cruise ship.

My recommendation would be to check it out.

Archived