Confused about wifi

alyssamma

45 minutes ago, Snaxmuppet said:

I really don't understand why people don't want other options. OK, you might not want other options yourself because you are happy with the current setup. But what about people that really don't want anything more than email? Why should they have to pay for the fast service if they could get a slower service for less money?

Less options = easier to understand/implement

As suggested by this very thread (and multiple other threads), some people are already having difficulty understanding the current offerings.  (Nothing wrong with that.)  Why complicate things even more?  Also, knowing how Princess' IT works (or doesn't work), I'm sure they'd find a way to screw up the speeds.

Edited by SCX22
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Guest Snaxmuppet
1 hour ago, AZjohn said:

I get your point you want cheaper for slower internet.

Im have a feeling if Princess did switch to different tier speeds the minimum cost for your slower speed would be what we all are paying now and faster speeds would cost more $.

Princess price will never be less than currently IMHO.

Cheers

You are probably right... I better shut up and go home 🙂

Guest Snaxmuppet
29 minutes ago, MacMadame said:

I doubt it is cheaper for Princess though. 

I suspect that the way P is charged is not by user but rather by connection speed for the ship. How the ship uses that connection is down to Princess... but I could be wrong 🙂 

23 hours ago, Snaxmuppet said:

I suspect that the way P is charged is not by user but rather by connection speed for the ship. How the ship uses that connection is down to Princess... but I could be wrong 🙂 

It depends on their contract but having different tiers means having extra software and possibly extra hardware to do the throttling. For accounts that you can't charge as much for.

Why bother unless you think you'll get tons of people signing up for the slower account that wouldn't sign up with the current rates -- which I don't think you will because ships only have thousands of potential customers. It makes sense for internet providers who have millions of potential customers but not a cruise line. If a cruise line has tiers, it makes sense with the contract they have with the provider.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1