Website is Wonky. Is this typical?

By the Sea I’ll Be

I’m trying to plan my first Carnival Cruise and I’m getting very frustrated with the website. I’ve only been on Norwegian up until now, but this will be our first cruise with our granddaughters and I thought Carnival might be more fun for them. The website was completely down last weekend and now it keeps giving me error messages. Trying to be patient, but also want to get something reserved. I’ve always done my own booking on the Norwegian website. Is there a better way to plan a Carnival cruise? I don’t want to give up just yet, so I’m hoping this truly has just been a glitch and will get better soon.

35 minutes ago, By the Sea I’ll Be said:

I’m trying to plan my first Carnival Cruise and I’m getting very frustrated with the website. I’ve only been on Norwegian up until now, but this will be our first cruise with our granddaughters and I thought Carnival might be more fun for them. The website was completely down last weekend and now it keeps giving me error messages. Trying to be patient, but also want to get something reserved. I’ve always done my own booking on the Norwegian website. Is there a better way to plan a Carnival cruise? I don’t want to give up just yet, so I’m hoping this truly has just been a glitch and will get better soon.

Carnival’s website was down over the weekend while they upgraded it. Normally it works really well and is much more user friendly than other cruise lines websites. I think they’re still working out the glitches though. Hang in there it should be resolved pretty quickly. 

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, PayneAS said:

You should have seen this huge banner at the top of the website. They are still working out some glitches. It isn't normally like this.
image.thumb.png.a9791edb31e303a36adf13d73d5ba526.png

Yes, I did see that. I was just wondering if this kind of problem was something that happens regularly with this website since this has been my first experience with it. It sounds like that is not the case though, so I will hang in there. I’m looking forward to trying a Carnival cruise!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sydney dog said:

You can always call to make the reservation and you will still have complete access to your cruise to change/amend things

I’m mainly having trouble searching/comparing the available options, so I don’t know yet which cruise I want to reserve. I’ll definitely give them a call once I figure out when and where we want to go. Thanks!

8 hours ago, cruisinqt said:

Carnival’s website was down over the weekend while they upgraded it. Normally it works really well and is much more user friendly than other cruise lines websites. I think they’re still working out the glitches though. Hang in there it should be resolved pretty quickly. 

Thank you! I was hoping that was the case. I’m glad to know that it usually works well. I’ll just be patient and wait for it to be up and running smoothly.