Shuttle bus from Hamburg port

jambalian

Hi. 

I will be visiting Hamburg next month. Are there any shuttle buses from the port into town? If there are, do they require exact change? I don't really want to pay upwards of £160 for 4 of us to go on a guided tour, we just want to do some shopping in the city centre.

2 hours ago, jambalian said:

Hi. 

I will be visiting Hamburg next month. Are there any shuttle buses from the port into town? If there are, do they require exact change? I don't really want to pay upwards of £160 for 4 of us to go on a guided tour, we just want to do some shopping in the city centre.

We were there with P&O in July. The shuttle setup was very impressive. It was pretty much non-stop busses with very short waits. By contrast, one of our daughters went there with MSC and had to wait 90 minutes for a shuttle. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, jambalian said:

Many thanks, Ardennais! Now I just need to sort out a bus from Zeebrugge to Bruges...

We have always used a cab, which you can get from the main gate (you need to hop on the free red port shuttle bus from the ship to the port gate). Best to pre-book. I can recommend ‘Martin’s Taxis’. Cabs are allowed to drop off and pick up right in the centre of Bruges, whereas coaches (and train) involve a walk in from further out. We got a cab to Ghent one time, which we probably preferred to Bruges. If you use Martin’s Taxis and want a bit of entertainment on your journey, ask for “Lou with the hair in the air” as she calls herself 😂 

• Like 4