Celebrity port in Halong Bay, Vietnam

RodBob

I don’t think there are four for ocean cruise ships.  Cruise ships dock at Ha Long International Cruise Port.  Cai Lan is the older one.  There is a small possibility you would dock there if there are ships in port, but check the port schedules. The other ports are mainly for the Indochinese Junks.  If you have an overnight or want a great day trip, highly recommend taking a taxi to that area.  We did an overnight with B’Hai Luxury cruises and it was amazing.

Edited by hubofhockey

Thanks for your quick reply.  
A Google search I had made earlier turned up a website https://www.visithalongbay.com/ in which they claim:  

There are currently four possible ports where international cruise liners dock:

• Van Hai Port
  • Cai Lan Port
  • Vinashin Port
  • Halong International Cruise Port

It then describes cruise lines that visit Halong Bay and claims: 

3. Celebrity Cruise
Celebrity include Halong Bay on many of their Asia itineraries, often paired with ports in Japan, Taiwan and Thailand. The Celebrity Cruise ship typically docks in Cai Lan Port although this is subject to change.

Maybe this information is out of date.

36 minutes ago, RodBob said:

Thanks for your quick reply.  
A Google search I had made earlier turned up a website https://www.visithalongbay.com/ in which they claim:  

There are currently four possible ports where international cruise liners dock:

• Van Hai Port
  • Cai Lan Port
  • Vinashin Port
  • Halong International Cruise Port

It then describes cruise lines that visit Halong Bay and claims: 

3. Celebrity Cruise
Celebrity include Halong Bay on many of their Asia itineraries, often paired with ports in Japan, Taiwan and Thailand. The Celebrity Cruise ship typically docks in Cai Lan Port although this is subject to change.

Maybe this information is out of date.

It will only dock at Cai Lan or the new terminal.  Those are the only two that can receive ocean cruise ships.  Have you looked at cruisemapperl.com and checked out which ships are scheduled to dock where for your specific itinerary?  Does it say dock or tender?  The new terminal has docks.  Cai Lan is tender.

Edited by hubofhockey

Interesting!  I went to Cruisemapper.com and indeed they list the Equinox as being in port for Halong Bay, but offer no further identification of the port. When I go to their Port Map option, it just shows a pin in the water rather than at a pier as you can see on the attached screen grab.

HALONG BAY Port Map and Cruise Schedule CruiseMapper.pdf

Here is another thread active right now on Celebrity porting in Ha Long Bay.  Bruce Muzz is on that thread.  My suggestion is to post on that thread.  It indicates the Solstice uses the new terminal.  While I doubt you tender at Cai Lan, you may be able to find out for sure and get help from Celebrity directly.  It is quite possible that Celebrity would tender if the new docks at the new terminal are already booked.