Beyond MDR preference

Tiggerwudz

21 hours ago, COLArmy said:

So if your cruise invoice shows “early dining co formed” it really means nothing? You just go to whatever restaurant at whatever time and everyone onboard does this?

Yes, unfortunately Celebrity’s website still makes you think you have “early (or late) dining confirmed” but in actuality, onboard the Edge Class ships, all four MDRs are first come first serve.  It would be great if they corrected this…because it causes needless confusion for passengers and headaches for the staff that have to break it to them…

• Like 1

On 11/2/2023 at 4:57 PM, HeddaGarbled said:

I think I liked Cyprus and Tuscan best. The decor appealed and we struck lucky with the table placements and staff. But they were all nice. One night we’d decided to go to one but there was a 20 minute wait and the one across the hall didn’t have a wait so we shifted over quite happily. 

I saw a lot of folks recommended making reservations for the 4 MDRs for your cruise but on the Celebrity app it isn’t showing any way to make reservations…anyone know how to do this?

The only problem is if Celebrity has you classified as Early or Late (even though that doesn’t exist onboard an Edge Class ship) the website and app won’t let you make reservations.  It’s an unfortunate catch 22.  The only way to make reservations is to switch to Anytime Dining before boarding.

14 hours ago, helen haywood said:

The only problem is if Celebrity has you classified as Early or Late (even though that doesn’t exist onboard an Edge Class ship) the website and app won’t let you make reservations.  It’s an unfortunate catch 22.  The only way to make reservations is to switch to Anytime Dining before boarding.

Thanks we are showing as early dining so I guess that’s why we can’t make a reservation 

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/12/2023 at 5:06 PM, keesar said:

We were told at the restaurants  that there were no reservations.  Show up when you want to have dinner at any of the restaurants.  

You can make reservations for each of the dining rooms pre-boarding or once onboard. Each restaurant has items that are unique to the restaurant’s theme. Greek restaurant has Greek food items, Normandie has some French items, etc. They all have usual NY strip, Chicken, Salmon, etc. items. We found on the Apex that the food to be good at all of them.

On 11/4/2023 at 6:46 PM, COLArmy said:

I saw a lot of folks recommended making reservations for the 4 MDRs for your cruise but on the Celebrity app it isn’t showing any way to make reservations…anyone know how to do this?

I logged on to my account on a PC and made reservations for MDRs for my Feb 24 cruise on Apex.  They then show up on the app in the calendar.

• Like 1