American Express CPP

Oslo Dutch

I have been scrolling through our reservations online for our next cruise and you can add American Express CPP through add-ons. Is this only for Amex Platinum members who book and pay through the Amex platform or are the benefits also for Amex Platinum holders who did not book and pay through Amex? I do come across conflicting info and can't make up my mind. We did register for it online on the Azamara website.

I think the T&C's are quite specific and detailed. 

Here is some of the content:

Cruise Privileges Program ("CPP") benefits are valid only for new CPP bookings made with participating cruise lines through American Express Travel. CPP benefits are valid only for eligible U.S. Consumer and Business Platinum and Centurion® Card Members (Delta SkyMiles® Platinum Card Members are not eligible). CPP bookings must be made using the eligible Card. CPP benefits are non-transferable. Participating cruise lines and program benefits are subject to change. The benefits of an onboard credit and amenity are valid for new CPP bookings of at least five nights and require double occupancy; the eligible Card Member must be traveling on the itinerary booked; the total cost of the CPP booking must be paid using an American Express® Card in the eligible Card Member's name. 

A lot of it is going to depend on the region specific platinum card that you have. The various travel benefits available to you can vary widely. I became aware of that over on the Amex specific sub forum on FlyerTalk.

I have a US platinum card. I just booked two cruises with Windstar. I used a travel agent and she does not work for Amex travel services. There is a mechanism where she can register with Amex and provide the trip details to prove I have paid the deposit and final payment on my card. I don’t remember the details of how she set that up but it is possible. I received $300 per cruise and it is reflected on the cruise documents supplied by Windstar. I am also receiving chocolate dipped strawberries and champagne from Amex. 

I haven’t recently checked the list of cruise lines to know if Azamara is still on it.  I am assuming so. BUT this may not be the case with the international platinum card. If this https://www.americanexpress.com/icc/cards/benefits/travel/cruise-privileges-and-discounts.html

is your card, then Azamara is not on it. You should log into your Amex account and see what is available to you. My link could be old and I am not an expert googler 

I hope this was helpful. Basically everything is going to depend on which region card you have. 

20 hours ago, MNgardens said:

A lot of it is going to depend on the region specific platinum card that you have. The various travel benefits available to you can vary widely. I became aware of that over on the Amex specific sub forum on FlyerTalk.

I have a US platinum card. I just booked two cruises with Windstar. I used a travel agent and she does not work for Amex travel services. There is a mechanism where she can register with Amex and provide the trip details to prove I have paid the deposit and final payment on my card. I don’t remember the details of how she set that up but it is possible. I received $300 per cruise and it is reflected on the cruise documents supplied by Windstar. I am also receiving chocolate dipped strawberries and champagne from Amex. 

I haven’t recently checked the list of cruise lines to know if Azamara is still on it.  I am assuming so. BUT this may not be the case with the international platinum card. If this https://www.americanexpress.com/icc/cards/benefits/travel/cruise-privileges-and-discounts.html

is your card, then Azamara is not on it. You should log into your Amex account and see what is available to you. My link could be old and I am not an expert googler 

I hope this was helpful. Basically everything is going to depend on which region card you have. 

Thank you for your feedback, yep it seems to be a bit of a grey area. What made me wonder why you can tick American Express CPP in the system under add-ons? We have US memberships however cruise bookings are made with a Norwegian TA. So we leave it as it is a bit too complicated and Azamara is creating enough IT problems