Anyone have amawaterways covid policy experience?

Punam

I can't get a straight answer from Amawaterways before booking my trip, so I'm hoping someone here can share their experience. People I know got covid while on an Amawaterways river cruises and told to leave the ship. He and his wife were left to find a hotel and help. They didn't know which hotel would accept them at that point. They'd been on the cruise for 3 days before having symptoms, but since they had fevers they thought they could stay in their cabin until they felt better. Prior to booking they were told it depends on the severity of the case and if it was only like the flu they'd be told to stay in their cabin and the crew would leave food in the hallway for them. That's not what happened.

Has anyone experienced similar, or was this just a one time poor service issue?

56 minutes ago, texasstar said:

I was on an Ama cruise in August.  I know of one passenger that admitted to testing positive.  They were quarantined to their room, and their spouse was moved to another room.

Admitted is the magic word. Thanks much 🙂

• Like 1

I may be wrong with this, but, what I understand, and this I believe crosses all cruise lines...

If someone is reported to have Covid, then from a health and safety perspective, the ship is required to report to health authorities of the port or country that they are in.  (Covid is still to new and raw so to speak, because I don't think that this would happen if you truly had a flu instead of Covid.)

Then the cruise line is required to act based on the protocols of the port of country and that could be quarantine on the ship or be removed.

We saw this at the beginning of the pandemic and when cruising started again.  Cruise lines stated that depending on the country or port protocol, you may be removed from the ship if you test positive.  And we saw this with our favourite cruise line, some people quarantined on ship and some were removed to hotels/hospitals depending on the country.