Just booked Southern on AOS 12/10/06!!!

I couldn't resist! I've not been able to get it out of my mind since I got the email this morning advertising balcony's on the Adventure Southern Caribbean for only $797!!! I could not pass that up! I've never done a balcony. We're room 7322. Starboard side...but I was thinking about requesting a change to the port side. I know - I shouldn't be picky! My mom and I do at least one mother daughter cruise a year, and we've always done Western or the Bahamas, so I am really looking forward to the change.

So - what are the must see things to do, as far as Southern Caribbean ports go? Also, where are good places to stay in San Juan the night before?

I am so excited! It feels so far away! But in between I have a week at Sandals in Jamaica and a trip to Las Vegas!

I couldn't resist! I've not been able to get it out of my mind since I got the email this morning advertising balcony's on the Adventure Southern Caribbean for only $797!!! I could not pass that up! I've never done a balcony. We're room 7322. Starboard side...but I was thinking about requesting a change to the port side. I know - I shouldn't be picky! My mom and I do at least one mother daughter cruise a year, and we've always done Western or the Bahamas, so I am really looking forward to the change.

So - what are the must see things to do, as far as Southern Caribbean ports go? Also, where are good places to stay in San Juan the night before?

I am so excited! It feels so far away! But in between I have a week at Sandals in Jamaica and a trip to Las Vegas!

Congrats! We'll be in 7320 in September on our third cruise on AOS. Being on either side doesn't necessarily mean you will be facing port at any destination so I'm not sure if it is worth swapping sides of the ship.

We really enjoyed the Intercontinental on our last stay in San Juan. Great pool area, really friendly staff, beautiful views from the rooms, very near the airport.

We're beach people, so the most I can recommend is good beaches to check out. We love Palm Beach in Aruba, Orient Beach in St. Martin, and Megan's Bay in St. Thomas.

Hope that helps a little - it sure does seem a long way away, but the anticipation is part of the fun (so I tell myself).

Wow - that's funny that you're so close! I am thrilled. My mom and I are HUGE beach people, so your tips are a big help! That's the reason I love going on port intensive cruises! I am totally content sitting on the beach! We did a tour in Jamaica last cruise, and I was so disappointed! The best excursion I ever did was swimming with the dolphins in Cozumel!

Let the countdown begin!

I would love to do the dolphin swim someday. It's on the list! We have done some tours in ports over the years when we were too sunburned to go to the beach, and they were great, but not my first choice. We did go horseback riding in Aruba which I loved, but DH, uh, not so much. Palm Beach and Orient Beach have all kinds of activities and beach bars while Magen's Bay is much more quiet and relaxed. There is a snack stand, but no motorized water sports. Also, there is a $3 entrance fee to Magen's Bay, which is actually great because there are no beach vendors.

I can't wait to get back on that beach!!

I would love to ride waverunners! My boyfriend did it in St. Thomas. I keep telling him we need to take more vacations together and less apart, but his schedule never seems to allow for it when mine does. I guess I should be lucky I am getting him to leave the country for a week in June. He's married to his job, so that has control over both our lives. He just informed me December is out of the question.

The dolphin swim was AMAZING! A once in a lifetime experience! I did it with Dolphin Discovery in Cozumel (pre-Wilma)! Like I said, it was amazing!

I just hope that I wont have finals that week! That's the downfall of being in Grad school....it gets in the way of so much fun!

Archived