Breakaway Aft Balcony vs Club Balcony with Large Balcony

Benita

We are sailing Roundtrip from NY to Canada in October 2024.  Debating between the two categories - pricing is almost the same.  We love the aft balconies for the size and view. The club cabins on deck 8 have a similar sized balcony. Other than the bathroom being a little bigger in the Club cabin, I do not see a difference in the cabin itself.  The Club cabins are right over the theater, so I don't know if there will be a noise issue.  Any advice would be appreciated. 

We were just in the Joy, also on NE/ Canada cruise in a club balcony suite on deck 8 with large balcony.   The balcony is large but skinny.   Same width as cabin but probably 4x the depth as regular cabin.   However, i wouldn't book it again.   In the cabin looking out the glass door the big balcony really restricts your view because of the tunnel vision of the balcony dividers.   Plus these balconies are completely uncovered and thus very windy and cold.    I think we would have preferred a regular balcony which is covered by the balcony above and has better viewing from inside the cabin.    You won't be on the balcony much when you are at sea in October/ canada.  We could hear the theater below but not enough to keep us from sleeping... 

On the plus side the bathroom was very nice and with the CBS you get a 5 day head start on dining reservations.  

I have always wanted to try an aft balcony but never have so i can't comment on that. 

Edited by CCJack

I love being on the aft.. the balconies are amazing 

our next cruise, on the breakaway, we have a deck 12 aft balcony. One of the biggest!! 

I am not even willing to try an upgrade to a suite. Since I specifically booked the cabin!!
my husband is upset since we won’t be in a suite lol.