Anyone returned from a 6-Night October cruise?

momof4girls

I am trying to lighten up my packing! I’m hoping someone that has been on a 6 night cruise in OCTOBER will be able to tell me which night was the costume night? I’m hoping it is second elegant night so I can avoid having to pack two nice dresses…

I only use carry-on luggage, and I have been on cruises for as long as 21 days.

First of all, you only need to pack one dress whether it is one elegant night or two.  No one is going to care (or even notice) that you are wearing the same one for both nights,

Biggest packing room saver - cut down on shoes! I normally wear a pair of athletic shoes, and then pack one pair of casual shoes, a pair of flip flops, and a pair of dressy sandals.  

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, momof4girls said:

I am trying to lighten up my packing! I’m hoping someone that has been on a 6 night cruise in OCTOBER will be able to tell me which night was the costume night? I’m hoping it is second elegant night so I can avoid having to pack two nice dresses…

Not been on a six night cruise, but just off of a five nighter and did another five nighter last October. Both times, the Halloween deck party was the second to last night. But honestly, I saw people wearing costumes around the ship several nights of the cruise. Last week, we saw a lot dressed up the night of the deck party and the last night. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, staceyglow said:

I only use carry-on luggage, and I have been on cruises for as long as 21 days.

First of all, you only need to pack one dress whether it is one elegant night or two.  No one is going to care (or even notice) that you are wearing the same one for both nights,

Biggest packing room saver - cut down on shoes! I normally wear a pair of athletic shoes, and then pack one pair of casual shoes, a pair of flip flops, and a pair of dressy sandals.  

I learned that, for sure, after my first cruise! I laugh when I think about what our room steward thought of all my shoes lined up. 😂 sooo ridiculous!!

4 minutes ago, MistyRo76 said:

Not been on a six night cruise, but just off of a five nighter and did another five nighter last October. Both times, the Halloween deck party was the second to last night. But honestly, I saw people wearing costumes around the ship several nights of the cruise. Last week, we saw a lot dressed up the night of the deck party and the last night. 

That would be second elegant night so I’m going with that unless I read differently! Our “costumes” will be fine for it since we are doing the 1920’s theme (think Gatsby). 

1 hour ago, momof4girls said:

I learned that, for sure, after my first cruise! I laugh when I think about what our room steward thought of all my shoes lined up. 😂 sooo ridiculous!!

That would be second elegant night so I’m going with that unless I read differently! Our “costumes” will be fine for it since we are doing the 1920’s theme (think Gatsby). 

When I cruised last October, I wore a flapper style dress for my costume as well. And I got dressed up and wore it to dinner. There were a lot of people on that cruise dressed in costume at dinner. On this cruise, it seemed that many people put their costumes on after dinner, but still saw a few in costume before and during dinner! 

• Like 1