Singapore to Mumbai 2024 advice requested

22cruise22

We are considering the Symphony from Singapore to Mumbai in March 2024. The ship is in Mumbai port for a full day 3/26 before disembark the next day 3/27. We are considering departing on 3/26 about 10 PM the evening before normal disembark the next day due to flight availability and comitments at home. This will be our first time in Mumbai. Just wondering how far a walk from the ship to where you get transportation to the airport. Also wondering if anyone has a recomendation for a private car service in Mumbai from the Mumbai port to the airport terminal 2. Thanks.

You may have done this already but be sure you verify that you can debark the ship that day. When it comes to this history doesn’t matter. In terms of distance it depends whether your transport can enter the port or if you have to meet them outside the gate. If inside the port it’s very short distance after you debark. If outside the gate another couple minute walk. 

Keith

I want to contribute a more cautionary approach. You are asking to be treated exceptional to the majority of onboard disembarking guests.  How successful have you been in the past asking for special, exceptional treatment?  Please realize that Crystal and the shoreside workers are expecting all pax to disembark the following morning.  The cruise port authorities, the ones who are in charge, are also of this mindset.  What will be your backup strategy if your plans do not work out?  It is imperative that you clear this with Crystal in advance.  And be prepared that even those arrangements may be unacceptable once the day arrives.  The guidance of cruise critics members is totally irrelevant to your actual experience.

Edited by crickette

Departing early from Symphony on Wednesday was no problem at all

In fact more passengers left then than those of us who left early Thursday

The ship was fully aware of everyone’s flight arrangements and made all the due arrangements weather you had booked through them or independently.

Not a problem 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Old Sea Dog said:

Departing early from Symphony on Wednesday was no problem at all

In fact more passengers left then than those of us who left early Thursday

The ship was fully aware of everyone’s flight arrangements and made all the due arrangements weather you had booked through them or independently.

Not a problem 

I would be careful on this one.

I believe your cruise ended in Dubai and the cruise that the original poster asked about ends in Mumbai.  I am not saying it will be a problem but just so there are no surprises I think it is important for the original poster to have their TA verify this with Crystal. Even if it was the same port I would say yes to verify it because rules could change.

Keith

• Like 1