Viking ocean Alcohol policy

seasidemn

On 10/26/2023 at 2:35 PM, Hobson1754 said:

I had a few glasses of champagne with our SSP last month and it was very nice - granted, it wasn’t vintage but good nonetheless - I prefer champagne to either cava or Prosecco.

2 glasses of the champagne/day = cost of Silver Spirits package - and if you drink more than that - you are making money!!(of course, I never did that 😉). Definitely better than the included sparkling wine.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Included wine and beer tips:

-The wines offered change every day – if you find one you like, the next day ask if they have any of the wine from yesterday – they always find a bottle.

- they come to the table with red or wine, but also have rose, just ask if they have an included rose.

-also if you don’t like the included wine after tasting, ask if they have another choice – they have always been accommodating

- before you leave lunch ask for a full glass and take it back to your cabin for later

-for Chef’s Table included wine – if you don’t like one of the wines ask if they have something else.  We didn’t like the “included” port and they ended up giving us the “upgraded” port.

-if you are in a PV cabin (you get a bottle in your refrigerator at boarding) -you can switch it out for another wine.

- best part you can bring whatever you want on board with no charge. 

-We love lemon drop martinis – upon boarding, we find a liquor store and get what we need. 

-You can mix the drink in your room and carry anywhere on the ship. 

-We asked our steward for two new glassed and a bucket of ice every day at 4:30, so we were ready for our 5 o’clock martini! 

-You have free access to the juice machines in the world café any time.  There were stewed plums at breakfast, we took back to the room and ended up making a “Sugar Plum” martini.

-Be creative, you can find all sort of “mixer” on board. 

-on our last two week cruise, we took our 5pm drink to the living room to listen to the music, the same waiter came over every day to see what we were drinking, ask about our day and give us snacks!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ericosmith said:

I always enjoy either the light or dark beer offerings at lunch.  I don’t always take one for the road but you can.  Also you can ask for a small glass if that is all you want.

Beer at lunch, included wine at dinner and Gin and Tonic in the room from a bottle purchased ashore is my spirits package.  Well we buy a martini or Manhattan at the Explorers Club now and then.