MSC upgrade / when are you charged ?

besjes

19 minutes ago, Essiesmom said:

When they notify you the bid is accepted, the credit card is already charged.  EM

This.  My bid from Fantastica to Yacht Club was accepted.  However I bid on Yacht Club inside room.  I was put into Yacht Club deluxe balcony suite.  Imagine my excitement.  My card was already charged when I got the email notification.  

11 hours ago, joeyancho said:

This.  My bid from Fantastica to Yacht Club was accepted.  However I bid on Yacht Club inside room.  I was put into Yacht Club deluxe balcony suite.  Imagine my excitement.  My card was already charged when I got the email notification.  

We have a bella balcony and are considering bidding for inside Yacht club.  IF I may ask, how much did you bid pp and what is the length of your cruise?

11 minutes ago, eyern1 said:

We have a bella balcony and are considering bidding for inside Yacht club.  IF I may ask, how much did you bid pp and what is the length of your cruise?

Our cruise is 7 day Western Caribbean.  My initial bid was the suggested amount. I think around 500 pp,  maybe a little less.  I didn't hear anything for quite a while so we decided to up our bid 100 pp.  Soon after our bid was accepted.  Which turned out to be an amazing bargain.   Good luck.  

30 minutes ago, joeyancho said:

Our cruise is 7 day Western Caribbean.  My initial bid was the suggested amount. I think around 500 pp,  maybe a little less.  I didn't hear anything for quite a while so we decided to up our bid 100 pp.  Soon after our bid was accepted.  Which turned out to be an amazing bargain.   Good luck.  

Thanks. We always just do an inside guarantee since it allows us to be able to go more often and almost never get an upgrade but they have upgraded us to a Bella balcony which we certainly won't complain about! That said, the Yacht Club is something I'll never splurge for in life but would obviously be a very nice experience. My trepidation is the loss of the balcony we aren't used to having and is thus extremely nice to us vs the inside yacht club and it's amenities. The minimum bid upgrade amount on inside YC is $260pp right now and for yc balcony is $1520 I think so I don't figure we'll get the magic balcony if we bid on the interior but I may go for it anyway.

1 hour ago, eyern1 said:

Thanks. We always just do an inside guarantee since it allows us to be able to go more often and almost never get an upgrade but they have upgraded us to a Bella balcony which we certainly won't complain about! That said, the Yacht Club is something I'll never splurge for in life but would obviously be a very nice experience. My trepidation is the loss of the balcony we aren't used to having and is thus extremely nice to us vs the inside yacht club and it's amenities. The minimum bid upgrade amount on inside YC is $260pp right now and for yc balcony is $1520 I think so I don't figure we'll get the magic balcony if we bid on the interior but I may go for it anyway.

I have taken 53 cruises, so I figured,  what the hell.  We had read so much about Yacht Club that I decided to try.  Regardless of the room they put us in we would still be on a cruise.  

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...