plugging in cpap next to bed

bergenbird

My husband uses a CPAP (BiPAP actually, but I don't think that affects the question). On our last trip (which was our first on QM2) we used an extension cord that crossed the room to the outlets at the desk. I read somewhere (but can't find it now of course) that you can plug the machine into the outlet next to the bed, (where the lamp is?). It sounds like that is a UK style outlet, and our plug is North American standard, so for our upcoming trip we could use an adapter. But then there's no lamp for him? Anyone do this? It really was a bit inconvenient with the cord stretched across. We are traveling in a sheltered balcony cabin.

This reply from @frankp01 on the "QM2 plug sockets" thread may help.

Edit to add: I haven't actually tried this myself. I just use an extension cord for my CPAP. Note the socket for the bedside lamp is somewhere behind the bed. I've never tracked down precisely where it is. It doesn't sound like it's all that difficult to get access to that socket though.

Edited by bluemarble
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, bergenbird said:

. I read somewhere (but can't find it now of course) that you can plug the machine into the outlet next to the bed,

I can confirm that, on the QM2, there are two outlets at either side of the head of the bed. Each is a single outlet, so unless you want to do without the bedside lamp, you'd need an adapter similar to the following (you'd then also need a UK-to-North American adapter, obviously)

Adapter reduced.jpg

• Like 1