Arriving at different times embarkation day

DrPepper7

I tried searching for an answer, but I may not be using the correct terminology because I could not find any information. 

I have 2 rooms booked for an upcoming RCCL cruise (one for my family and one for my mom and niece) and my sister has 1 room booked. My mom is traveling with me and we will arrive together at the cruise terminal. My sister will be arriving later, but one of her children is assigned to my mom's cabin. My question is if this will present a problem for my mom and my niece to not check in together. My sister's room holds a max of 4, but she has 3 children and her husband, so one child will be rooming with grandma.

If we have to wait to all check in together, we will do that. But we'd prefer to get on the boat earlier and not have to wait around for them to arrive.

Thanks for your knowledge.

I would call your TA or Royal to make sure all three cabins are linked together and give them this scenario. My concern is the minor child checking in with grandma who doesn’t have the correct documents to “travel” with the child without her parents. If the parties (rooms) aren’t linked, royal only sees a minor child with a non parent in a room. 

So, the minor child would not check in with grandma. She is arriving with her parents. But grandma will hopefully already be checked in. So, I'm just curious if grandma and minor child can check in at separate times, or if they need to check in together since they are roomed together.

Thank you! I will reach out to royal and see if they can provide insight.