Deck 7 Aft Balcony - Allure

amindu

Hi All we are considering one of these Deck 7 Aft Ultra Spacious Balcony cabins but are concerned with the noise from the rock climbing, aqua shows, movies etc that will be playing at night.  We have a 4 and 6 year old so they are usually in bed before 10pm.  We are looking at the Allure but this would apply to any of the Oasis class, if you have stayed near the aft on Deck 7 can you please share your experiences with noise, movement any other things to consider.  Thanks. 

image.jpeg.cc703d177e2f297520063b001efc3ec5.jpeg

I have 7730 booked on Harmony in April and had many of the same concerns. I found some good video reviews online and don't think it should be loud enough to keep little ones awake tucked away in those bunk beds. I think those balconies looks amazing and you can walk right out of you room and there are chairs and table too see the aqua shows.

6 minutes ago, BK79 said:

I have 7730 booked on Harmony in April and had many of the same concerns. I found some good video reviews online and don't think it should be loud enough to keep little ones awake tucked away in those bunk beds. I think those balconies looks amazing and you can walk right out of you room and there are chairs and table too see the aqua shows.

Those cabins have side facing balconies.  There is a public space that overlooks the aqua theater that gets very crowded during shows.  There is a door that goes from the cabin corridor to that public balcony that I would be worried about slamming all the time.

1 hour ago, BK79 said:

Yea i have seen tons of videos, but wasn't sure how quiet that area would be.  I guess if a lot of ppl know about it there will definitely be more traffic on the side that is open, one side apparently stays closed. 

We stayed in 7730 on an 8 night sailing and never had any issues with noise. There was virtually no foot traffic and most likely because when looking thru the door from the rock climbing wall, it looks like a dead end and when coming down the hall towards the room it looks like a dead end also. There is a turn in the hall before the room that makes it look like a dead end. The room is great for aqua shows as it is a few steps away. It is also convenient to go down the two flights of stairs to the walking track to get to other places on the ship. 

The room is huge for a family and the balcony is large. We would definitely book it again. No issues with noise, movement or anything else. It is a long walk to the front of the ship, but it is well worth it. If you take the elevator, be sure to take the starboard side or you will need to go up/down a floor, over, and back up/down due to the boardwalk sign. We usually take the stairs and still made the mistake many times. Book it, you won’t regret it!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Foghorn-Leghorn said:

We stayed in 7730 on an 8 night sailing and never had any issues with noise. There was virtually no foot traffic and most likely because when looking thru the door from the rock climbing wall, it looks like a dead end and when coming down the hall towards the room it looks like a dead end also. There is a turn in the hall before the room that makes it look like a dead end. The room is great for aqua shows as it is a few steps away. It is also convenient to go down the two flights of stairs to the walking track to get to other places on the ship. 

The room is huge for a family and the balcony is large. We would definitely book it again. No issues with noise, movement or anything else. It is a long walk to the front of the ship, but it is well worth it. If you take the elevator, be sure to take the starboard side or you will need to go up/down a floor, over, and back up/down due to the boardwalk sign. We usually take the stairs and still made the mistake many times. Book it, you won’t regret it!

Thanks so much for the detailed response this is extremely helpful.  99% sure we will go with this cabin especially considering the sofa bed situation. Thanks 

• 3 months later...

Glad I found this post. We booked room 7730 for our family of 6 on Harmony for October 2025. I heard about the door and Im pretty sure I went through it when my husband and I were exploring the ship last month. I was actually happy we would have such easy access to the boardwalk from this location. I have worried about the noise as well but I know by a certain point it will get quiet for sleep time.

• 1 month later...
On 11/13/2023 at 8:11 PM, Foghorn-Leghorn said:

Would you be able to sperate the beds in this room? I think it is an option I'm just wondering your opinion space wise.

Thanks

38 minutes ago, BK79 said:

Would you be able to sperate the beds in this room? I think it is an option I'm just wondering your opinion space wise.

Thanks

The sofa bed can definitely be moved around the room and there is plenty of room to move it. The bunks though are fixed in their little area. As for the main bed, that is a great question. It was together as one bed when we arrived, but I would think it could be separated into two beds.