Transfers in Capetown

ToxM

Hi there all you lovely experienced Regent cruisers!

Just a quick question about the included transfer from the airport.

We arrive early morning, as I expect most people will be. As we are doing the pre cruise tour we arrive a few days early - same as everyone else doing that tour. 

I have been a bit proactive and booked the night before we arrive so we can check in straight away at the hotel (husband can be grumpy post flight), are we going to have to wait for a coach full of fellow guests before we leave for the hotel, or is the transport more like people carriers or minivans? 

If we are going to have to wait for a lot of people, I may let the rep know we are just going to get ourselves to the hotel. 

The hotel will be the Southern Sun Cullinan. Seen some gripes about it, but not really bothered, it won’t be cold and wet UK in January!

Experiences please?

I don't remember waiting for a lot of people for transfer.  It will depend on how many people on your flight are heading to your hotel

We stayed at the Southern Sun last year for a post cruise.  I have mixed comments mostly about food (subjective) and service (could be cultural).  Breakfast and Dinner are served on an upper level.  The rooms are clean, comfortable  and quiet.

One thing I found out reading something after we got home, there is a bar/grill down by the pool.  The food is pretty good.  If you pay for it there and not charge to your room, there will be 10% off.  At least last year.

If you are doing the winelands etc - that is a really interesting tour. We really enjoyed it.

1 hour ago, mj_holiday said:

I don't remember waiting for a lot of people for transfer.  It will depend on how many people on your flight are heading to your hotel

We stayed at the Southern Sun last year for a post cruise.  I have mixed comments mostly about food (subjective) and service (could be cultural).  Breakfast and Dinner are served on an upper level.  The rooms are clean, comfortable  and quiet.

One thing I found out reading something after we got home, there is a bar/grill down by the pool.  The food is pretty good.  If you pay for it there and not charge to your room, there will be 10% off.  At least last year.

If you are doing the winelands etc - that is a really interesting tour. We really enjoyed it.

We are doing the winelands I believe - thank you! the transfer info is useful - I signed up for the loyalty card for the hotel so we can get a discount on the food/bevs. 

Thank you!