Cabins from Hell Costa Toscana & Costa Smeralda Deck 17

energyuk

Just back having sailed on both Toscana and Smeralda, avoid all cabins on deck 17 forward.  They are a nightmare due sun deck above, take your pic from joggers at all times of the night running above your head, teenagers swinging and falling out the hammocks banging on the deck in the process at 0200, or Costa themselves moving all the furniture starting at 0500 each morning,  then using industrial cleaning machines to clean deck which makes the ceiling vibrate,  then the placing of sun chairs, this continues until 0700 when if you're lucky it might go quiet for  while,  joggers excepted.  

Costa are uninterested in any of this and responded with the usual "we've not had this complaint before" despite myself previously reporting it. I tried to swap cabins but there were no suites left to swap into so had to accept the sleep depraved nights.

Never willingly chose these cabins if you like your sleep. This applies to all cabins on deck 17 forward,  especially the forward facing balconies/suites. 

On 11/17/2023 at 1:40 PM, energyuk said:

Just back having sailed on both Toscana and Smeralda, avoid all cabins on deck 17 forward.  They are a nightmare due sun deck above, take your pic from joggers at all times of the night running above your head, teenagers swinging and falling out the hammocks banging on the deck in the process at 0200, or Costa themselves moving all the furniture starting at 0500 each morning,  then using industrial cleaning machines to clean deck which makes the ceiling vibrate,  then the placing of sun chairs, this continues until 0700 when if you're lucky it might go quiet for  while,  joggers excepted.  

Costa are uninterested in any of this and responded with the usual "we've not had this complaint before" despite myself previously reporting it. I tried to swap cabins but there were no suites left to swap into so had to accept the sleep depraved nights.

Never willingly chose these cabins if you like your sleep. This applies to all cabins on deck 17 forward,  especially the forward facing balconies/suites. 

Good day.  Thank u did the advise - were u in one of the corner suites?   If so - besides the issues u had - how was the suite / perks etc.   ?  

I would add the aft cabins on deck 15, below the Piazza del Campo -area on 16, to the "strong avoids". There are late-night parties on the Piazza and also lots of noisy daytime activities. Otherwise Toscana is a beautiful ship, and we found esp. the terraced balcony cabins absolutely wonderful.

Can´t comment on suites & suite perks, but have heard good reviews of the Bellavista suite restaurant. 

The suite itself is fantastic, the best shower I have ever had, at sea or on land, a few design flaws with regard to privacy though. I would say the standout feature is the balcony though, which extends out over the bridge wings. This should be the best suite on the ship, but I would never chose this cabin again due to noise. 

Suite perks include Premium Drinks Package (UK market) or whatever its called this week, J2 is printed on the seapass cards which is what the bars look for when ordering. suite sun deck which very few people go to so always lovely and quiet with its own jacuzzi, and Bella Vista restaurant which is a tranquil oasis compared to other dining venues. You also get a day pass to the thermal area with the suite. 

I love Costa but not that cabin ever again!

• 3 months later...

With regards to bella vista restaurant... is this where suite guests are automatically allocated for their main dining room or is this additional? And is there any extra cost to it for suite guests?