The Galley is an awesome concept that no one understands. I wonder if they will ditch the servers.

Jezo

On 11/25/2023 at 4:23 PM, dx052 said:

I am on the Valiant Lady as we speak as well and communication from the food hall staff in the Galley to the guests have been none existent regarding the way they are serving the food, surely they could advise passengers when they enter the Galley to take a seat and someone will be along to take your order as they would in a restuarant, from what have seen I am not sure they are organized enough to run efficiently. Takes them 20 minutes just to clear a table, they are slow and seem like they lack motivation. Somethings not right but I can't put my finger on it yet & it's not only myself that have been left disappointed other people have said the same thing. 

We were on the same cruise.  Agree no verbal communication about the Galley or really about anything - just read on the APP or signs which works if your APP is working (ours was very hit or miss the first day) or if you are in front of signage :).

One of us likes cereal and fruit for breakfast.  That took going to the cereal/milk area then the fruit area then the salad area for walnuts.  That was similar to other cruise lines buffet.  One of us like other things and table service was nice just had to adjust to the process - figure out what to order by viewing the items including specials, place order, wait about 10 minutes, enjoy...

All employees wanted to please and were friendly in our experience.

• Like 1