Live from Southern Atlantic Crossing - Barcelona to Buenos Aires

milling73

I have to add to this journal a special note regarding Viking Air. They had arranged our flights. 
on return Wed our flight from Sao Paulo, Brazil to Orlando sat a gate for 3 hours and then abruptly cancelled. There was no agent at gate to assist us, nor did we receive any communication from Latam Air. No other flights were on the board. The airport is huge but it also had almost no personnel that spoke English. there were 10 of us from the ship all trying get to Orlando. None of us wanted to leave airport for hour drive to city. Nor did we have hotel information or knowledge of when next flight was.
I called Viking Air for help and they answered immediately and went to work getting us all on flight out that night - to Miami and onto Orlando. All 10 of us. One agent worked seamlessly and handled all of us. 
She gave us clear instructions on where to go at airport (back out and to checkin) and assured us our names, reservation info, and flights were in the system. Just recheck luggage and get boarding passes. She was correct. Without her amazing and patient help-we would have never gotten out that night. Or possibly even next day. 
A huge THANK YOU and Compliment for job well done. 
For any of you hesitant to book Viking Air - use them. They simply saved us. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, milling73 said:

I have to add to this journal a special note regarding Viking Air. They had arranged our flights. 
on return Wed our flight from Sao Paulo, Brazil to Orlando sat a gate for 3 hours and then abruptly cancelled. There was no agent at gate to assist us, nor did we receive any communication from Latam Air. No other flights were on the board. The airport is huge but it also had almost no personnel that spoke English. there were 10 of us from the ship all trying get to Orlando. None of us wanted to leave airport for hour drive to city. Nor did we have hotel information or knowledge of when next flight was.
I called Viking Air for help and they answered immediately and went to work getting us all on flight out that night - to Miami and onto Orlando. All 10 of us. One agent worked seamlessly and handled all of us. 
She gave us clear instructions on where to go at airport (back out and to checkin) and assured us our names, reservation info, and flights were in the system. Just recheck luggage and get boarding passes. She was correct. Without her amazing and patient help-we would have never gotten out that night. Or possibly even next day. 
A huge THANK YOU and Compliment for job well done. 
For any of you hesitant to book Viking Air - use them. They simply saved us. 

Just wanted to say...great writeup!   Helped us decide to book the "West Indies & the Iberian Peninsula" TA sailing for March/April, 2024.  Got an absolutely killer deal on it as well ( reduced rates, free air, free SS drink package, and the past customer discount ).

https://www.vikingcruises.com/oceans/cruise-destinations/multi-region/west-indies-and-the-iberian-peninsula/index.html

This itinerary doesn't have all that many stops...but the stops we do have look interesting, and we want to enjoy the ship anyway!

Thank you for posting  this positive experience with Viking Air  when the airline cancelled your flight at the last minute.

One time  when I  used Viking Air they did solve the problem of  a cancelled flight  weeks before my cruise. They put me on another flight  a day early and put me up at a hotel. Next day I flew the rest of my journey to Bermuda. This was a cruise right after Viking started sailing again after the pandemic shutdown. 

2 hours ago, farmecologist said:

Just wanted to say...great writeup!   Helped us decide to book the "West Indies & the Iberian Peninsula" TA sailing for March/April, 2024.  Got an absolutely killer deal on it as well ( reduced rates, free air, free SS drink package, and the past customer discount ).

https://www.vikingcruises.com/oceans/cruise-destinations/multi-region/west-indies-and-the-iberian-peninsula/index.html

This itinerary doesn't have all that many stops...but the stops we do have look interesting, and we want to enjoy the ship anyway!

Farmecologist / what promo code did u use for that sale?? 

1 hour ago, milling73 said:

Farmecologist / what promo code did u use for that sale?? 

Looking at our cruise docs, it says "TGS23-1".  Unfortunately, I don't see the " "West Indies & the Iberian Peninsula" sailing available under that code anymore.  

If I recall, it was a very time limited offer...around the end of November.

2 hours ago, farmecologist said:

Looking at our cruise docs, it says "TGS23-1".  Unfortunately, I don't see the " "West Indies & the Iberian Peninsula" sailing available under that code anymore.  

If I recall, it was a very time limited offer...around the end of November.

TGS23 was Thanksgiving Sale 2023, expired 11/30/23

• Like 1