Live B2B2B2B From the Carnival Magic 11/26-12/22

jam19872016

The linguine was good, if a bit plain. It said there were pepper flakes but I did not detect any. I would order it again, but it's not my favorite.

The mushrooms were still very good.

The pepper steak was a disappointment after the preparation last week. Part of it was the meat quality, the beef was too tough in some parts and a couple pieces were not edible. I find this to be a problem a lot with the beef on Carnival especially with a cheaper cut like in a pepper steak, but I have not really had this problem before. Budget must have been cut with the new Quarter that started this cruise. Then the preparation was not the same. There was noticeably less of the cheese sauce on top and that was what gave the fries their flavor. Without it, they were just unseasoned french fries. I doubt I will try this again for a while, sad because it was so so good last week. Consistency seems to be a challenge with the new menus as it was with the previous.

The artichoke dish was very good. I don't think it gets ordered a lot as the waitress did not understand what I was ordering 🙂 It's worth a try. However, I had a bite near the end that had a stem of some kind likely from one of the vegetables in the dish. Texture wise I was already on shaky ground from the meat I had to discard from my mouth, and this just threw the meal off the rails for me, unfortunately. I enjoyed the dish until this.

The tiramisu for dessert was excellent. One of the best cruise ship version I've had and I'm glad it rolled over from the old menus. Only thing to make it better would be if they brought back the old hazelnut tiramisu that used to be on the menu. 

Overall the meal was ok. Not great, but not bad when taken as a whole. 

Service dragged on a little too long but the waitstaff were friendly.

The app was accurate tonight even though I had a short wait.

• Like 7

The show tonight is Country Roads. I saw it once, the first time I sailed this ship, and it was about the worse show I had ever seen. I am a huge country music fan but I knew maybe one of the songs. I have seen the set list and it is not the same from back then and I've heard it's a better show now, but it's the concert version. I know they are down a performer who injured himself a few cruises back so perhaps that is the reason, I am not sure. I don't usually find the concert versions very entertaining, so I am not sure if I am going to try and see that or catch the music around the ship.

I'm definitely down for Quest though! It was quite spicy last cruise and a lot of fun and I am looking forward to seeing that again tonight!

• Like 3

We have piano again tomorrow!! 

image.thumb.png.f8b7c0554a9439d8f9458f98d476de39.png

Only thing going on anywhere not related to shopping is the rockband so it's quite crowded. I found a seat out passed the coffee bar. Can't see but I can hear that's all that I care about.

17019136257288871249818397647966.thumb.jpg.5daa6eff200f60548f1ce5a92bad8d36.jpg

Don't know why 🎶

• Like 5

I was disappointed by Country Roads the first/only time I saw it.  Is it basically a bunch of guys traveling from one place to another singing unrecognizable and bad country songs?  The best part of the show for me was listening to the country music that played before the show started. 

• Like 1

Good morning everyone.

A great time was had last night. If last cruise was the raunchiest quest I'd ever been to, this one was raunchier. I love it.

Today is San Juan and if it's not too terribly hot, I'd like to take a quick stroll outside.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, ZoeyVictoria said:

I was disappointed by Country Roads the first/only time I saw it.  Is it basically a bunch of guys traveling from one place to another singing unrecognizable and bad country songs?  The best part of the show for me was listening to the country music that played before the show started. 

This. So much this. I'd read the show had improved but I was misinformed. I think they sing different songs each performance because it was not exactly what I remember, but it did not match st.greg's set list for it either. 

The songs were a little more recognizable,  but still terrible. The writers have to know good country music, because the songs they played at the beginning before the show were all instantly recognizable hits.

• Like 1

This is the busiest I've seen Cucina, almost full.

I gave up on my salad quest. First line had no lettuce.

Second line had no salad bowls. I could have used a plate but that's too much for a salad.

Went back to the first line, and the line was too much after it hacked up waiting on lettuce.

Everyone getting back in the ship right now, not the best time for me to try to grab lunch but it is what it is now. At least I'm sitting.

That cake staring at me is taunting me though. 

• Haha 2