Sapphire status - perks?

LimeyUK

4 hours ago, bedfordmom said:

This is my Saphire cruise and was wondering if  they serve wine at the Dinner with the Officers. I don't have the Beverage Package as DH is not a drinker so I was wondering if the wine would be gratis? If so would my husband be able to get soda? 

Yes, you can get wine, husband can get soda. I don't have the package, getting soda has never been an issue.

9 hours ago, JGmf said:

When checking in with the counter person, assuming you'd be in Sapphire line, you don't need a boarding number piece of plastic thingy.  Go sit in the Sapphire and above waiting area.  After Haven,  they'll call Sapphire and above. If anyone asks, show them your recently received room key card, which clearly states your Sapphire status.  Then go enjoy your cruise!

This is highly dependent on port.  NYC doesn’t have separate areas for every latitude level. 

they do now, as described in previous posts.

they're not separate for each elite level... but the manhattan cruise terminal now has a platinum area, and a sapphire and diamond area (presumably ambassadors are in there, too).

they are nothing fancy, just roped off sections with the same uncomfortable chairs they have elsewhere, but they do indeed have elite waiting areas now.

1 minute ago, UKstages said:

they do now, as described in previous posts.

they're not separate for each elite level... but the manhattan cruise terminal now has a platinum area, and a sapphire and diamond area (presumably ambassadors are in there, too).

they are nothing fancy, just roped off sections with the same uncomfortable chairs they have elsewhere, but they do indeed have elite waiting areas now.

I will defer to you, it’s been about a year for me in that terminal.  This is welcome news. 

your recollection is correct as to the way it was.

to their credit, they do keep making subtle improvements. this is one of them.

i was last there about five weeks ago, boarding the getaway.

50 minutes ago, UKstages said:

your recollection is correct as to the way it was.

to their credit, they do keep making subtle improvements. this is one of them.

i was last there about five weeks ago, boarding the getaway.

I do like the Getaway!  I am doing the Prima for the first time in April, going thru NYC, so looking forward to my status finally getting me something, lol.