NCL vs. RCL and Carnival for young people

UCFKnight85

I remember someone asked the question a while ago about this. Having been on NCL, I'm hooked. I'm 21 and we went with a big group of spring breakers and NCL had TONS of young spring breakers as well. Not only that but the staff really took care of us, had lots of fun games, and the club basically turned into a party at night.

My friends went on Royal Caribbean during the same time and said there were very few spring breakers on the ship.

We play on doing the exact same NCL cruise next spring break.........it was that awesome.

I'd say definitly check out NCL if you're in your 20's, it's alot of fun.

I was just worrying that the spring break crowd would ruin our cruise on RCL next week. I have never cruised at Spring break before and just read some posts about the partying crowd. I'm not disparaging the spring break 20-somethings, just trying to find a ship atmosphere that fits our family of younger children.

Kathy,

We had alot of spring breakers but I'd say everyone was really behaved well. Every night at dinner people were quiet, at the pool I just mainly saw people hanging out and drinkin (young and old), and at night the club was fun but nothing crazy. Many of the older crowd actually joined in with us alot and had fun with us.

The only problem I saw was the **** pool guards who got on us for jumping into a 7 foot deep pool.........why have a pool that deep if you can't jump in it?

I'm sure you'll have a good time!

Was on the NCL Majesty last week and about 60% of the ship was under 25. It was wild to say the least. I did talk to some passengers from RCI and Carnival when in Grand Cayman and they didn't quite have the 'atmosphere' the Majesty had last week. It seems at least for NCL, the Sun and the Majesty get taken over by the college crowds in March. I think anyone wanting to cruise with family (especially young children) should look into a line like Princess, HAL, or even larger and more expensive Carnival and rCI ships during that time. Just remember if you are booking for an inexpensive cruise in March that there are millions of college students on break during this time and more and more of them are turning towards cruises as a cheaper way to get to the Carribean. Our cruise last week was a complete party boat and booze cruise. It was interesting and fun, but of course that atmosphere isn't for everyone.

Archived