Silver Whisper

chrism23

Hi.  We are booked on the Whisper for a back to back August 1-23 for Greece and the Adriatic Coast departing from Athens.  This will be our 9th cruise with Silversea.  I noticed in looking through pre-cruise material the Whisper hasn't been refurbished since 2018 which is the longest any of their current t ships have gone without a redo.  Am I right in this?  Are there any plans for any sort of redo between now and August.  And lastly, for those who have been on it recently , what kind of shape is it in.   I have to say I am a little concerned.  I am more concerned about the climate in Greece.  Last year it was 120 degrees in Rhodes in August and there were wild fires and they had to evacuate 20,000 people.   I am thinking I made a big mistake with this.  I made the decision on the basis of itinerary, this is the only part of Europe we haven't done, and wasn't paying sufficient attention to the ship and timing.  Any thoughts on the matter will be greatly appreciated.  Thank you.  

1 hour ago, chrism23 said:

Are there any plans for any sort of redo between now and August.

The Whisper is currently scheduled for a complete refurbishment in April 2024.  Its my understanding it will closely mirror the updates done to the Shadow when it went thru its refurbishment.  There will be no new restaurants but there will be a more dedicated area for the Arts Cafe.   There are no sailings from April 7 - May 9, so it will be completed then. 

• Like 1

I would avoid Greece in July and August.  If you can do a voyage-to-voyage transfer for Sept or October, it will be much more pleasant, both in temperature and the number of tourists.  The new Silver Ray is doing a number of Aegean itineraries during that period.  As to the refurb of the Whisper, no worries, it will be fine.